Actonel with Calcium User Reviews

Actonel with Calcium - User Reviews

Actonel with Calcium User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Actonel with Calcium sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Sue, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 08

I was first prescribed Fosamax for osteopenia over 3 years ago, which I found irritating to my throat. I have been taking once-a-week Actonel for the past 2+ years with no apparent side effects. I also take 1500+ mg of calcium (500 mg 3 times per day) and I walk 30-60 min. 3 times a week. I have seen my bone mass increase to very close to normal levels. However, I am considering stopping the Actonel due to concerns about jaw problems.

Related Reading: Fosamax | osteopenia | Actonel

Comment from: doryann10, 65-74 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: April 06

The best thing about this medicine is that it is very easy to swallow. For someone like me, who cannot swallow large pills, this is a wonderful pill because of the size, nice and small.

Comment from: jayewo, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: May 21

For a year I took once a week Actonel and it seemed to help with bone loss, but I got acid reflux. So Then I tried the once a month Boneva and got very sick. Took nothing for a year. Just took the low-dose once a day Actonel and have had severe stomach cramps since two hours after swallowing the pill.

Comment from: WebMD, 75 or over on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 17

I am very satified, my last bone densitometry DEXA, shows an increase in my bones density, without any side effect.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: March 19

I hace experience after one year of taking this medication(actonel) bone and joint pain mostly on the right side of my body. my bone mass has increased. I rate this a 2 star.

Comment from: Actonel, 75 or over on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 29

Aching bones

Comment from: Blossom55, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 28

I took the drug for 2 doses 1 tablet one a week. The first week I was ok but the second week I ache from my waist up to my neck. I phone my Dr to tell her how I was feeling and she advised me to discontinue using this medication. I will never take it again. I ache for five days.

Comment from: poohforme1471@hotmail.com, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: March 20

I am very unsatisfied with this medication based on the active pill only. I look forward to my morning coffee and once a week it is like torcher for me to have to take the medication. Not only am I very unhappy about not having my coffee when I get up once every week I also have to deal with the severe burning in my stomach for several hours, I also have to deal with the diarehea that I suffer with all day which only happens when I take the active pill. I have'nt informed my doctor because I'm afraid if I say anything the next medication the doctor tries on me will only be worse with the side effects. I've learned how to deal with the current side effects and I've chosen not to have to deal with another medication that could potentially be worse with the side effects

Healthy Bones

Get tips and advances in treatment.