Actonel User Reviews

Actonel - User Reviews

Actonel User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Actonel sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: none, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 26

After four years of waiting, I see that actonel, etc has been found to cause atrial fibrillation - therefore strokes. I am blind in one eye because of a blood clot that I know was caused by actonel. It is about time the drug companies should be blamed for the tragic outcome after using their drugs. I am very angry that the FDA did not test this drug thoroughly enough to find this problem before I took it and changed my life forever.

Related Reading: actonel | atrial fibrillation

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 11

I tried Actonel 35mg-one tablet & and had a lot of side effects. Ulcer-like pain, dizziness, muscle pain etc. I could not use this

Related Reading: dizziness | muscle pain

Comment from: abbadeb, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 25

having spinal pain, neck to lower back and in left hip. Been on actonel for approx 5 yrs.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 28

Have taken for 2 years and would have wished for better bone density results

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 18

Was on Fosamax but I had stomach problems

Related Reading: Fosamax

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 18

PAIN to the point that the quality of life is NIL. Have to use a walker. Having tooth loss (loosening and falling out. perfecly healthy teeth) According to dentist I do not have gum desease.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 21

I've been using it for 6 wks and the side effects are really bothering me - joint pain, back pain, trouble swallowing, dizziness

Comment from: workinggrandma, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 20

I took this for a period of two months and experienced severe headaches at the base of my scull/top of spine for two days after each weekly dose in addition to random bone and joint pain.

Comment from: BC08/03/09, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 03

I took Actonel first thing Sat morning. After 1 hour, I had stomach cramps & lower back pain. By nightime, I was nauseated, upper and lower back hurt, and cramps. Sunday was much worse. All the above plus my chest hurt so bad I couldn't lift my arms. The pain went through to my back. I had to take pain medication. Monday morning the chest pain and back pains are better but still have stomach cramps. I hope I live another day. I would never recommend this medicine.

Related Reading: lower back pain | chest pain

Comment from: paintheass, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 23

I've just started Actonel treatment on Saturday morning, did everything by the book. then hell came saturday night. Severe muscle aches everywhere. Chills follow by sweating. upset stomach, light-headed and no strenght to go up and down steps with general lost of appetite. 48 hours later although not 100%, but finally well enough to step out of the house. Did the drug maker consider all these side effects before manufacturing the pill for $90 a pop? Not sure if I should take my chances with the rest of meds or insist on some other method.

Comment from: Mary , 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: May 28

I have been off the weekly Actonel for five months now and my symptoms have lessened considerably. While on it ( I took it for one year) I had bone, muscle and joint pain. I still have joint pain (mostly in my hips) but not nearly as severe as before. I am beginning to think I will get over all these bad side effects. I don't know the state of my bone density but I have been reading other articles that suggest these drugs don't really build your bones properly. I increased my calcium intake and began walking at least two miles every day. Unless I turn into the hunchback of Notre Dame I plan to stay off these drugs forever.

Healthy Bones

Get tips and advances in treatment.