Adacel User Reviews

Adacel - User Reviews

Adacel User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Adacel sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 09

Got bit by a stray cat and just wanted a tetanus shot and was given this. Caused severe tiredness, upper stomach pain and white spots and problems in throat.

Related Reading: tetanus

Comment from: Jazminn8, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 03

I was not told I was getting adacel d-tap I assumed it was a regular version of the old tetnus shot. I have been very ill for almost 4 days. My arm is in excruciating pain. USERS BEWARE.. ITS HORRIBLE I am middle aged and have never been this sick from a shot..I was not told what type of tetnus I was receiving. When I called the drs. office they said no one has ever complained about a reaction. Well I am I have had to go back twice and missed a week of work.

Related Reading: adacel

Comment from: 45-54 (Patient) Published: November 13

I have been out of work for 3 days. Fatigued,I also experienced a strange sensation all the way up the arm in which I received vaccine and into my head. Not to mention for two days I could barely get out of bed. I had shorness of breath. I had to go back to the doctor to make sure nothing serious was going on. I will never take this vaccine again.

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 30

Received shot as a whooping cough (pertussis) preventative - more and more prevelant these days and my wife and I expect a newborn soon, so this was recommended. In addition to a rash and a lot of soreness at the site (which I'd been warned of), I experienced stiffness throughout the body for three days, felt fatigued and had a fever and night sweats.

Related Reading: whooping cough | rash | fever

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 09

i AM A NURSE...i KNOW THERE HAS BEEN WIDE SPREAD CASES OF WHOOPING SO I UNDERSTAND THE REASON FOR THE BOOSTER...I WAS NOT PREPARED FOR THE SIDE EFFECTS.I ACHE EVERYWHERE...JOINTS,MUSCLES. MY ARM THAT THE INJECTION WAS GIVEN...ACHES,IS WEAK AND WHEN I MOVE IT ..I AM IN ACUTE PAIN. I'VE HAD TO MISS WORK..I GET THE CHILLS..I AM STILL IN PAIN AND DISCOMFORT.

Comment from: BJ, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 21

I'm age 62. I was prepared by Nurse for experience of pain at injection site. Not prepared for pain in entire upper body musculature and joints, mild fever, fatigue,drowziness, and dizziness. As only recommended to age 64, I not intend to repeat this shot if still alive in 10 years.

Related Reading: fatigue | dizziness

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 03

Mild nausea a few hours after receiving injection in upper arm. One day after injection had chills after I went to bed,some mild pain at the injection site. Now 3 days later have small lump and 5 inch by 2 inch pink area at injection site, very little pain.

Comment from: Siobhan, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 16

I took this drug on recommendation of my doctor on a routine visit. The nurse told me my arm may hurt for a few days but I was not told that this drug is also for Pertussis and Diphtheria. It has been over a week now and I have chills and severe vertigo and dizzy spells. I have never been this sick in 60 years. The doctor does not seem to know what to do and tells me she never saw a reaction like this. I have been to see her now 3 times with no real relief from these symptoms which do not go away. I will never ever take this drug again. Beware!

Related Reading: Diphtheria | vertigo

Comment from: adacel, 75 or over Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 01

feeling weak , light headed,dizzy, both shoulder pain, can not work, its more than 8 days since I took this vacine Romesh grover