Adderall XR User Reviews

Adderall XR - User Reviews

Adderall XR User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Adderall XR sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: livinggood, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 11

I have been on Adderall xr 25mg for about 3 months now. I'm 6'2" tall and weigh 200lbs. I can easily sum up Adderall xr by saying WOW!! I used to be very very anti anything ADD/ADHD, I use to think it was a way for the pharmaceutical companies to "push more drugs" on us. What changed my thinking was when my son was having a lot of trouble with school work and was diagnosed with ADHD. I saw the exact same symptoms in him that I had when I was young. I have always had trouble in school. It wasn't that I wasn't interested I just couldn't stay focused long enough to get into the material. I went and spoke with my family doctor, told him the situation, the symptoms I was having, my past school performance, current job performance, etc... and he decided to prescribe me Adderall xr 25mg. Another thing he told me to do was to cut out ALL caffeine, which I did. The first three days I popped Ibuprofen all the time because of caffeine withdrawal headaches but after that the transformation has been wonderful. I have had anxiety problems with mild depression for as long as I can remember, actually anxiety runs on my side of the family. Starting the first day with Adderall I could tell a big difference. I had that euphoria that everyone writes about but my thinking, concentration, my ability to prioritize, and get things done has been AMAZING. Now that I have been on the med for a little over 3 months the euphoria feeling is gone, that was gone in the first few days of use, but my ability to stay focused, concentrate, prioritize, and basically "get er done" has been excellent, actually after a month of being on the med it seemed like it improved somewhat again, I actually find myself speaking slower and more methodically. I couldn't be happier. I actually think that A LOT of my anxiety and mild depression have been related to my NOT being diagnosed with ADD sooner in my life. Since starting this med I actually feel like a different person. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Related Reading: Ibuprofen

Comment from: AddictTotalAddict, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 22

Addiction. That about sums it up. Too much of a good thing. It was typical. It made me feel great. It made me feel as though life was worth living. I wrote, I focused, I read, then before I knew it, the crash would hit. And I would pop another one. At one point, I was up for FIVE DAYS with NO FOOD. Things start to go down hill on day 2. You can't focus as well, your nerves are shot. You are weak. But man, when that exhaustion hits, it's so scary. I did this off and on for months until one day my doctor said, "No more." This was because I finally told him, "Im out and I feel like I'm dying!" I was taken off large doses 60-80mg a day for 4 months COLD TURKEY. I was out early. And this time I told him. I could not take it. I hard trouble just moving from the bed to to bathroom.I was SEVERELY depressed to the point of suicidal thoughts. I slept 23 hours a day for five days. My tolerance was though the roof. I could take 80 mg in the morning just to feel "normal." Finally a doctor took mercy on me and cut my dose down to 20 mg a day with the explicit understanding my mother would be doling them out to me. I weaned off them gradually. Finally down to 5 mg a day. The withdrawals from this drug when it abused is nothing short of the definition of hell. Exhaustion is complete and total. You are NON FUNCTIONAL. It's hard to give it a rating because my addictive mind abused the hell out of it. If you have any history of substance abuse STAY CLEAR! WORST DRUG I EVER ABUSED AND I DID JUST ABOTU ALL OF THEM!

Comment from: classroom_drone, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: April 01

I am 23 years old and was diagnosed with ADD when i was 13. I was on adderall for 3 years and switched to XR after. I didnt notice the side effects until i was a senior in high school. I have struggled with sleeping, relationships (due to the emotional effects i am overly sensitive and believe i have developed depression from it), loss of weight(especially earlier on, not so much now. kinda wish it was the other way around after being in college 3 years), cotton mouth, sexual side effects, and most of all dependency. when i tried going off the drug for a year the withdrawals were hard to deal with. i slept most of the day for about a month and gained weight from increased appetite. after the withdrawals had finally ended, i felt happier and easier to be around. my relationships were great and my depression was gone. all side effects had disappeared. i felt more like myself off the drug. but my grades in school suffered. i got back on the dosage and all the old side effects came back. my grades improved, but i am back to the empty sole less feeling of a study drone. my current relationship is suffering and i dont sleep much. i will be on the drug until i graduate. as soon as i do, i will be saying goodbye forever to it. i love my parents and know they were trying to do the best thing for me. If i have kids one day, and they are diagnosed with ADD, i wont be putting them through the same hell i have suffered for the past decade. ADD has been around much longer than it has had a drug for it and most people seemed to have still lived a good life with out it(my dad for example). I would not recommend putting your kids on this drug early on in their lives. wait until they can fully understand the side effects of the drug and let them make the choice because this is a life changing decision that is extremely hard to revert back from. if your child is happy, isnt that the most important. im still scared what the long term effects of the drug will do to me down the road.

Related Reading: sexual

Comment from: Snips, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: April 21

I have to agree with everyone that reccommends Adderall. It has changed my life, although I understand that everyone is different and reacts to everything very differently. You have to take that into consideration when reading these reviews. I always felt like there was something not right with me until my Phyc. suggested the Adderall. First I was put on a Regular Dose of 10mg in the morning and a 10mg in the afternoon (which I hated cus I'm terrible at taking my pills), so we switched to 20mgXR. Things has changed drasticly. I can focus, Im not chronicly late anymore, which then disposes of my road rage. My work is off the charts (Im a hairstylist), because I can really focus and listen to my clients. Before I always had a million things running through my head and couldnt get my shit together. I obvioulsy have more energy, and I do have to say that my anxiety and depression have lessened. I think eveyone gets anxious, its just a part of life, it doesnt mean you have something wrong with you. So side effects, signifigant weight loss, 12lbs since November, Im not complaining. I do have loss of appitite during the day and def am hungry when I get home. I notice my mouth is always dry. But I have no problem getting to bed. And I really don't have dependency issues, some times on Sundays I don't even take it. So that's that, It works for me, may not work for you. But you have to try things to know how you'll react!