Adderall XR User Reviews

Adderall XR - User Reviews

Adderall XR User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Adderall XR sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: mommylovesthem, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 20

As a child I was diagnosed with ADD. I thought I grew out of it and wanted off the medication. I am now in my mid 20's, just started a new job, which requires alot of concentration. I was messing up all the time, and then decided to talk to my doctor about it. She then prescribed me this medication, which after adjusting the dose, my boss and I have noticed a huge improvement. The only things I don't like about it are, I love food and to eat. I am underweight to begin with, and since being on addrell, I have lost about 10 more pounds. I think I have gotten used to it, because I eat way better than the first few weeks of being on the meds. And the second thing is that I have had incressed mood swings in the mornings and evenings. My husband and I fight like crazy now. It doesn't matter how nice he is being, I take every thing the wrong way. And since we both work the same hours, he never really sees me on them.

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 19

I don't have ADHD, just ADD, but it has worked well for me. The XR's don't crack you out like the regular doses do.

Comment from: MOM OF 5 !!, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: May 12

My 6 yr old son started taking Adderall XR 15mg. about a month ago.The first few day's all he did was talk and talk and talk, however he was calm, nice, wanted to help out more concentrated at school more. Just a totally different child. I thought Omg, why did I waite so long to take him in to be treated!! Then, gradually it got horrible! He started having what I called "These Fit's" He would get so upset at the drop of a dime.On the way to the psychologist one day, we were leavin well he wanted a cheese sandwich and we were out of bread.The only bread was end pieces. Well he went CRAZY! Kicking, screaming, hollaring, "I hate you! I wish you were dead! Nobody likes me anymore!" It was as if the exordist had entered my little angles body. We got to psych. and it was only once I told him, that he was able to settle him down(after a 2 hour drive there)and he also got him a cheese sandwich. I later found out from his pediatrician that this was a really bad side effect of the meds.Except for the mood swings, outburst the medicine was great. But we had to switch to Concerta 18mg. cause the mood swings got worst and worst. Now, he is my little angle again. That just goes to show you, it is trial and error. Some meds work better for some people than other's. Hang in there, cause somewhere down the line, one will work the best!!! MOM of 5 !!!

Related Reading: Concerta

Comment from: William, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: December 18

I have been taking Adderall XR for nearly 5 years. I am now 41. I started on 20mg and noticed an immediate differance in my focus and energy. But soon the effectivness wore off and I went up to 40mg... then 60... then 80... then 100... then 120mg. I began to experience psychotic-like symptoms and my doctor pulled me back to 40mg. I dont feel like its doing anything for me anymore and I often find myself staring... just zoned out. You will always need more of this drug over time for it to actually work. It is highly addictive. I cant get out of the bed without it. It used to be my "wonder drug" in the beginning. I felt better and worked harder and smarter than I'd ever dreamed possible. Now I suffer with severe anxiety and cant focus on anything for very long. It causes irritability and keeps me from eating regular meals. But I am addicted to the energy it gives me and just today I told my psychiatrist not to take me off of it even though I have such bad anxiety. He isn't the same doctor that once prescribed 120mg. He really thinks I should come off of it. Deep down, I believe I should too. Sometimes, even on just 40mg I feel so wired. My eyes dilate, my hands are always cold and I shake. I have to take Lunesta 3mg to go to sleep at every night. I will say that Adderall XR was only a short-lived fix for me. I have never been hyperactive... just attention deficit. If you are taking it, maybe you will have better results than I have.

Related Reading: Lunesta

Comment from: vegas girl, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 20

I can sleep at night, but I do't need naps during the day. I'm far less edgy and tempermental. I do not get frustrated nearly as easily.

Comment from: Worksforme, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: April 09

33/F i started taking Adderall Xr 40mg's a day 3 years ago. Increased my ability to focus on important details, caused a 25lbs weight loss in 6 weeks..I looked anorexic because I'm tall and slender as it is. If I drink coffee during the day I'm like a crackhead - very antisocial, nervous, won't answer the door phone etc, lose track of time, and crazy OCD. So I cut down on the coffee and that's working. I also take "drug holidays" just to make sure I don't "need it". When I want energy and need to focus I take it..otherwise, I leave it. I also experience mood swings and my muscles tighten up, so I get buns of steele without the exercise. I have the best career in the world and taking adderall makes me even better at it. Be smart, take it properly and pay attention to the side effects and you'll be alright. I worry about children taking it because they need to be social and be accepted by their peers, and it's tough if you lack personality. So three years for me and I'm in control of it and happy. Oh..and when I take the drug holiday, I don't get withdrawals..just more tired than usual for the first several days. Take Vitamin B for that.