Adderall XR User Reviews

Adderall XR - User Reviews

Adderall XR User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Adderall XR sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: college student, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 14

I've suffered from ADD for most of my schooling years, and adderall has really helped me. I only take it when I have class or need to study. I have trouble sleeping, but I did before anyway so I'm used to that. It has helped a lot with my anxiety, because it was caused from stress. It has helped me concentrate on everything I do. My thoughts are WAY more organized, and I don't have frequent bouts of confusion as I used to. I clearly understand anything being taught in class as opposed to before, and my grades have improved dramatically. College is not near as stressful as it used to be. It helps me relax, get organized, and feel in control of my life again.

Related Reading: stress

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 16

20mg per day. alleviates symptoms of ADD. Cut out coffee so as to not interact with Adderall and SEVERE caffeine withdrawals that I initially attributed to the adderall. I was getting extremely fatigued in the afternoon. Crashing completely. One cup of coffee or about 100mg of caffeine fixed the problem. If you've been self-medicating you ADD with caffeine, be careful of withdrawals if you go of it while on adderall. withdrawals symptoms may or may not be headaches, might be fatigue, fuzziheadedness, inability to concentrate, sleepiness. As little as one 8oz cup of coffee or 25mg of caffeine can alleviate withdrawals. Adderall works great and lasts about 12 hours. I've been on it for 8 days.

Comment from: MultipliedSelf, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: May 06

I used to think I was a lazy person. I hated it. This drug has changed my life. I never thought I had anything wrong with me medically despite my crippling inattention and mild bipolar depression. Then a friend gave me an adderall, and I wanted to get a scrip for it because it was such an improvement over my regular life. But my doctor wanted me to get tested for ADD... I really didn't think I'd turn up positive, but I did, as well as the previously mentioned bipolar. So instead of giving me adderall IR right off the bat, he wanted me to try XR. It's been perfect. I never feel drugged at all, it feels totally natural, and it defeats my regular daily depressive feelings and gives me energy. I can now follow my dreams and passions with an un-stifled hope and confidence.

Comment from: figrditout, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: June 03

I have been taking Adderall since last November (08). I was started on 20mg of Adderall xr, then went to 25 mg xr, and now I take 25mg xr in the morning around 6am, and then an Adderall IR, 10mg, around noon to one p.m. I think Adderall works great, the problem I had was that even though it is an XR formulation it seemed to wear off around noonish everyday. I was never able to get "all day coverage". In February my doctor added the 10mg IR "booster" and it has worked great ever since. He told me that every one's body metabolism is different and some get longer coverage than others. This is what worked for me. I was worried about sleep issues being on this dose, the amazing thing is I actually feel like I sleep better since being on this medication. When I lay down to go to sleep I don't have a million and one things floating through my head like I use to. It's like the background "white noise" is gone. My thoughts are so much clearer now and I can actually get things accomplished instead of 20 things half accomplished. It's too bad people abuse this drug, it's makes it more difficult for people who use it for legitimate medical purposes to get it. All of my other medications I can get a 90 day supply in the mail. With Adderall I have to go to my doctors office every month and pick up my prescription in person. Other than that absolutely no complaints. Good luck to all.