Adderall User Reviews

Adderall - User Reviews

Adderall User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Adderall sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 01

I have always struggled in school and my parents did not believe in ADD or ADHD. I would listen to someone talk to me for 10 minutes and not be able to tell you one word that they said. I went from a D student at a very good university to making the Dean's list. I have read a few negative reviews of this drug, and I must say that I believe those who had negative opinions about the drug were either on the wrong dosage, or did not need the medication in the first place. This medecation has changed my life. After 5 years of struggling in college I finally graduated, 1 year after starting adderall. I am proud of myself and proud of my work. Also, I no longer experience the anxiety that I always had before I started the medication. I would use caution while taking this medicine, because it can be easily abused. If you abuse it, you will not get the results that the medication is prescribed for. If you start taking it for the purpose that it is intended for, it can and will change your life.

Related Reading: anxiety

Comment from: Cat-mom, 35-44 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: April 27

I have taken a low dose of adderall for about five years, and it has changed my life. My ability to think ahead, anticipate and avoid problems has dramatically improved. My abilty to articulate myself improves dramatically on adderal “ especially with a low dose. I can understand the consequences of my actions with a clarity that I wish I had earlier in life J My over-all attention span has dramatically improved in the last five years “ and it remains significantly higher even on days when I choose not to take adderall. To me, that is amazing. Tasks I once found painful, I can now do quickly an efficiently with patience and perfect detail “ even off adderall. A large part of why I think I see a lot of improvement is not just the medication, but also all the other things I do to combat ADHD. When I need to learn something new (e.g. a software program at work) adderal helps me quickly learn and absorb the new information, and remember facts. It is a dramatic change from my past abilities. When I first started taking the drug, I had heart palpitations. It is definitely hard on the heart. BUT then I started to add regular, gentle but rigorous aerobic exercise to my routine (which, btw, is a non-prescription treatment for ADHD), my heart became stronger, more conditioned than before and the palpitations stopped. My resting hr is 45 bpm, and my blood pressure is ideal, or close to it. This also will solve any insomnia problems. I recommend this drug “ FOR THE RIGHT PERSON. Fact is we are all built differently. Which is the whole reason why drugs like this are made in the first place. Depending on your peculiarities, it may not give you exactly what you need. That doesn't mean this drug won't be very helpful to someone else. I look forward to the day when these types of drugs can be prescribed and monitored more accurately.

Related Reading: palpitations | insomnia

Comment from: mindfocused, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 09

I am a 38 year old male. I have suffered my whole life with ADHD/ADD. I never knew or understood why I behaived the way I did, until my son showed the same symptoms and was diagnosed. I asked my doctor about my symptoms and he recommended a low 20mg a day dosage. I did not sleep for 3 days, I thought my heart would burst, but in three days, I read 4 books, all 400+ pages. At work, my productivity increased instantly. Instead of looking for the door, and at the clock, "bouncing off the walls" as my co-workers would tell me, I was focused, task orriented, and results driven. My district VP, who I have known for over 10 years, even called and asked me, why my team is doing so well. I have been on this drug for 6 months now, and it has helped me to change my life! I have my blood pressure checked regularly, I excercise more, because I can focus and not get bored out of my mind in 3 minutes, I eat better, because I can read labels and know what it is I am eating, because my mind is not changing thoughts every 2 seconds and I forget what the HELL I was reading to begin with, my wife LOVES ME, because I am focused when she talks to me and I can actually carry a conversation with her, because I can remember what she just said. And you know what else, I actually sat down and wrote this message in just a few minutes. I did not even get up, or even think about anything else, I did not have to stretch, scratch, move, fidget, adjust, look around, yawn, cough, or ANYTHING, because this drug helped me. I thanked my doctor, and I cried when I did, because I have awakened, my mind does not race, and after 38 years of life, my mind is clear.

Related Reading: sleep | cough

Comment from: Photographer, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: December 15

I am a successful nationally known professional advertising photographer who was on Adderall for about five years and then decided that I did not need it anymore because all of my old ADHD habits where mostly gone. I was off of them for about three months and all of those long gone adhd habits that had played havoc with my life started coming back one by one. Unpaid parking tickets, loosing my keys, rash decisions, unfinished project after unfinished project. Within six months I had almost lost my photography business that I had worked so hard for and had collections agencies after me etc. Wow what a bust to my ego! I guess I really do need to be on Adderall. It's as if when I am not on Adderall I know exactly what it is I need to do to keep my life running smooth...I put together my to do list but the to do list never gets completed. Yes I am a successful advertising photographer with lots of talent...but without the discipline and focus to apply that talent my world falls apart. I guess I just need to take it...it is what it is. I know there are lots of talented artists who take adderall...and I do not feel it makes me any less creative....or for that matter any more creative. How one little adderall XR pill makes the difference between being reasonably disciplined and totally irresponsible, however, is beyond me...but for me the reality is just that. I am now back on Adderall 20 MG XR and things are going great again. Hope this was helpful to any other artists out there who are struggling with the to medicate/not to medicate question. In my case the choice was made for me...I do not even think I would still be in business without this drug..no kidding.

Related Reading: rash