Adderall User Reviews

Adderall - User Reviews

Adderall User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Adderall sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Towlie, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: December 02

Here is the issue. ADHD Im diagnosed with by some phychiatrist. Other phychiatrist i have been evaluated by say i don't have it. They all have MD after there names so who is correct and who's incorrect??...I've been off and on adderall for 8 years. Im 28 years old. Yes it helps me concentrate. Yes, it helps motivate me. Yes, it even makes me feel better about myself...however adderall is extremly addictive, so thats the biggest issue with it. This is a med that is in high demand among society and can kill if it falls into the wrong persons hands. Drug users feel great euphoria and energy when they use it, simply put; thats why they use it. Prescription drug abuse is sky rocketing like never before. So parents keep that in mind.---SO-- The fact remains adderall helps a ton with certain people. If you plan to take it here are a few tips (not that im a dr.) 1)If you have a prior substance abuse problem, FORGET adderall 2)Take it exactly how directed by MD. 3)Keep it in a place thats secure, kids know ALL about adderall. 4)Keep an eye on your pulse, BP, and heart rate. The worst side effect i've expericed is becoming anxious on it. I am just trying to give a down to earth review, and i hope it helps some of you.

Related Reading: drug abuse

Comment from: rmn, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 30

I am 41 years old, and have had the worst life ever, ever since I was younger, I have made millions of mistakes, many bad decisions, dropped out of school, never finished or accomplished anything, never got a degree, and now work as a waitress with 6 children to support, that 3 of the 6 all have different fathers. I had dislexia as a child, and when I was younger, if anyone in our family had a problem, it was to be kept a secret. I finally got help, and found out I have ADHD. I have been on this medication for 3 months now, and what a complete turnaround, talk about 360! I can focus more on important things, I even noticed a change in my driving, instead of running around like a chicken with its head cut off, I have slowed down and started enjoying things, and am much better at dealing with with problems instead of running away from them, I have also been writing a journal everyday, and remembering things alot better, and feel I am thinking before I open my mouth first. the only problem I have noticed lately, is that at night, I get a little edgy. other than that I love the fact that I feel like I am finally in control of all the racing things that used to go on in my head, and now I can sit back and relax for a change, and organize my priorities, whereas before I could not.

Comment from: David7, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: June 12

I Have been taking this medication for a little over a year now. I was diagnosed with ADD as a child, but I not took the medication. I am 35 now and am a small business owner. I was making small, little stupid mistakes that I just easily overlooked. My Dr. started me off with 30mg twice a day. I have seen these reviews and have yet to see someone taking that much. I had all of the the effects for about a month and then they all eventually went away. The drug overall has improved my attention disorder and even made me more productive. It allowed all of my energy to be creative. I still use it today at the same dosage but I found it better for me to take 60mg in the morning and let it run its course through the day. If you do need to take it. Remember that every ones body responds differently to medication. I suggest to experiment the time gaps in the beginning and see what best responds to your body. You will become addicted to it after a while, no choice in that, but just use your months supply evenly. It has been a success and I researched this med.. I accept the cons of this medication, but for me "someone who really needs it" the pros weigh out the cons. it has made me more productive with my life and for my family responsibilities. If you "REALLY" are not diagnosed by a physician. Please remember that you will get a reverse effect and it will be equivalent to taking cocaine. But for those who need it it will have a reverse effect and make you more focused and in a clear state of mind, without the million things around you distracting you from your realistic goal. Good Luck and Be Wise! Parents, Be alert of your kid on this if applicable, it is becoming a known street DRUG for abuse. Thanks!

Related Reading: cocaine

Comment from: TheDoc, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: August 04

As a Doctor myself, I have to stress that when it comes to Adderall in either the XR or IR forms, there is no grey area. There are those patients who do extremely well on this medication and others who were perhaps misdiagnosed or physiologically intolerant of the chemical makeup of the drug. The bottom line is: If you need it, it can work wonders. However, if you're one of those who doesn't truly suffer from ADD ADHD-Hyp, then you may gain some benefits, but you will also have more incidence of negative side-effects. My personal experience with the IR has been wonderful. Most everyone has the associated loss of appetite, and general "fidgety" feeling when starting treatment, but these do subside. However, they have a nasty habit of resurfacing later on in treatment. This usually accompanies an increase in dosage, but can pop up for seemingly no reason at all. The best advice I can give regarding treatment with amphet salts is: If you need it, then it can help tremendously. However, if you don't need it, you're better off with those awful energy drinks or a few cups of coffee. Hope this helps.

Related Reading: stress

Comment from: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 29

I am a college student diagnosed with ADD. I recently began a 2 a day dosage of Aderall 20 mg and it has changed my life. I actually go to class now, I don't have depression and suicidal thoughts, I am no longer socially anxious, and can actually pay attention to conversations and read books all the way through.