Adderall User Reviews

Adderall - User Reviews

Adderall User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Adderall sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Hopeful Engineering, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 26

I am a 23 year old recent college graduate that has been taking Adderall Oral for the past 6 to 7 months. I was not diagnosed with ADD/ADHD until the start of my treatment. With this treatment I have noted some very distinct changes in my performance in college and now in my career. I am a Mechanical Engineer in NC. My focus at work seems to be increased but not over the top. I finally feel that I can start a project and follow it through to the end. Finishing the minute details that have plagued me in the past and that I have procrastinated with in the past. I feel that Adderall oral is an effective treatment for my condition. Although I strongly urge parents and students to take caution with using this treatment option. I have noticed a weekly to bi-weekly occurrence of limited sleep for one to two nights. This seems to typically happen on a Friday night and Sunday nights. As this has continued I feel that there are some other treatments that I should attempt before settling on this one. Also as I was diagnosed during my final semester of college with ADD/ADHD I noticed that I suddenly had more friends then the prior 5 years of college. So parents, students in college with go to extreme measures to acquire Adderall from your child. This is also becoming an increasing concern for college campuses across the nation. Like I said before, I believe, this medication should be taken consistently and you shouldn't miss many treatments. Missing treatments has made me extremely groggy and lazy. So caution to not taking it on the weekends. I have noticed that when I continued treatment for 7 days a week I didn't have the haze, groggy and lazy feeling. Also I reduce my dosage to half during the weekends. I hope this helps all in some manner.

Comment from: sigh of the relieved, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 29

I feel like I'm back in control of my thoughts and I'm able to go to sleep at night without my thoughts shifting into high speed. I'm able to look at people now and be able to have a conversation without tripping over my own tongue(saying something that doesn't make any sense). I feel confident about just being me for the first time in my life and I'm 32yrs.old. The medicine doesn't make me feel drugged up like other meds I've taken in the past. Which was due to the fact that some doctors brushed it off as conditions such as depression or just anxiety(due to being depressed). It really has fixed some major problems in my whole overall way of life. I'm very pleased that I have control back over myself again and hope it stays this way.

Comment from: stepford41, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: April 15

I have been chronically late most of my life so much so it has cost me jobs. Etc. I also was the kid who just looked out the window in grade school. My psych, decided to give me a test and bam, I have ADD. and was given the generic version. After reading these reviews, I can relate. I have horrible tirade mood swings, I don't feel like I am getting more work done during the day, I focus on things that are not a priority,like ebay. I also leave the office so exhausted I feel like I have lost me. I have no energy to do anything. Errands are a big deal, working out, forget it. I feel like I have no time, because I waste a lot of it. Procrastinating. It is ruining my life. The only good thing is it keeps my hunger at bay, and my weight is at 120. I think I am taking more and more to keep awake during the day. What is so wonderful, your doc gives you this stuff, and no one tells you to watch for side effects. I wonder if I was off all these meds how I would be. I am 41 and feel like a 90 year old taking a bunch of pills each day. One to bring me up, one to bring me down, one for depression one for anxiety. I have never been one to lose patience, and I lose it all the time. I have ruined relationships because of it. I react, don't think. I feel like I need rehab.

Comment from: kilacalli, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 16

After trying a few different similar drugs I found that this worked best. With others I lost weight and felt sickly 24/7 (sick to my stomach, weak, lightheaded, dry mouth, just generally terrible). I started taking Adderall, initially in a VERY small dose and I noticed significant improvement. My doctor and I played with the dosage and I'm so happy with the result. The ONLY set back is feeling jittery every now and again. The best solution for that is just to make sure you're eating an appropriate amount. Not tons, but just spread out small meals and snacks and this won't pose a problem. Eating this way is way more healthy anyways. So now I can focus and feel very optimistic about getting things done everyday instead of dreading everything and having no energy, will or attention to finish things (school work). Great drug. I was very nervous to start taking it because I normally refuse all medicine... but this REALLY helped. Just be careful with dosage and eating.

Comment from: CollegeStudent, 19-24 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: June 26

I am a 23 year old college student. I started taking adderall to help me with my school work about 7 months ago. Before the medicine I procrastinated, could not finish a projects, was disinterested, and unmotivated. When I take this medication I shed all of those characteristics. I am able to study for about 5-8 hours straight and obtain all the information. I am in my senior year of college and thought I could use a push to finish the hard classes. I became interested in learning; I grasped concepts easily, and became level headed and rational. I will say though, there is a huge downside. I got bad headaches, lost ten pounds, blacked out frequently for a second when I stood up, chest pains, and numbness in my hands. When on the medication, I lost my connection to emotion and was very irritable. I tended to be cold and distant. I know this medicine works but I did not want to put my body through the side effects any longer. I have stopped taking this due to the person I was becoming. It takes more discipline for me to study and stay focused but at least I feel like my true self. This drug is habit forming. I thought I could not get an A on a test without it, but I did and I can. Plus now when I get an A it is more rewarding knowing it was all me who earned, not the adderall.