Adipex-P User Reviews

Adipex-P - User Reviews

Adipex-P User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Adipex-P sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 22

I thought I would give an update. Today is day 6 of my medication. I have lost all appetite and have dropped 14 lbs. I have been eating very little. Last night I noticed an extreme change in urine color. I called my doctor first thing this morning and she had me come in. Just a heads up to you other users- the first few days or week you are on the medication, you drastically drop weight. Your body is not hungry, you are not eatting, so your body is using fluids. The first several pounds are just water loss. If you do not eat SOMETHING....you will get dehydrated. If your urine takes a drastic change in color--consumer water. That was my problem. I did not ever feel weak, but I was dehydrated. She encouraged drinking at least 80 ozs of water a day & a little hint-if you feel like you may get hungry, drink water, it should give you a feeling of fullness. Hope this helps!

Comment from: vcm21, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 25

I would recommend this drug to everyone who has been struggling with weight loss. I lost 50 lbs in 4 months with calorie counting and exercise 5 times a week. I have kept it off for 2 years. I still have to work out and watch my eating habits. I have struggled with being overweight for my whole life. It some crazy side effects sometimes but it is worth it.

Comment from: Jerzey, 25-34 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: May 13

This is my 3rd or 4th time being on adipex since 2002. Each time I took it it worked for me. The first time I took it in 2002, I lost 40 ponds in 3 months. At that time I was on a 1300/day calorie diet and I excersized regularly. Then I got pregnant! Go figure,LOL, So the following year I used it again but it was much more sporadic and I didn't excersize as often and I still lost about 10 pounds in a 3 month period. Last year I got married, and I wanted to lose some weight I had gained before the wedding so I tried it again and I was able to lose 20 pounds just with taking the pill and minimum-moderate excersize. So it does work. It's an appetite suppresent and a metobolic booster. Definitly take it as early in the day as possible because I found if I take it late, it keeps me up. If you are just starting would also take it every other day for the first week, so your body slowly builds up to tolerating it. If you have the tabs, I would also consider cutting the tabs in half to start out. Great drug, but it does not work alone, You have to try and work with it, Minimum you should be drinking a ton of water daily and try and at least do some sort of excersize, wether it's daily walks or a treadmill 3x per week. Oh sidenote...whenever I was on this pill and tried to eat junkfood "Mcdonalds" I got instantly sick. (diarhea) I would stay away from fast food. Hope this review helps! Good Luck!

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 09

After struggling with my weight and at age 46, I was able to lose 30 lbs. easily with this drug. I would recommend it with Dr. supervision of course.

Comment from: sgrnspc, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 11

Question... I'm thinking about going on adipex and was wondering if everyone on here got the prescription from their doctor? There is an option to buy it online and I was wondering if it's the same medication and the same dosage?! Any input!?

Comment from: Brighton, on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: August 21

I am a nurse and current user of adipex p. I wanted to comment after reading several posts here...adipex is prescribed for only three months for a reason - the risk for serious side effects (heart issues) increases with use. This is a controlled drug and any responsible doctor would monitor your BP and other medical conditions closely. I work with some Dr's who will simply not presribe this med because they are very concerned over possible effects on their patients. I wish for all who take it to really do your research, and not to take a rapid pulse, dizziness,and a noted higher BP lightly. Wishing you healthy results.

Related Reading: dizziness

Comment from: diana, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 20

I'am very happy,I lost 60 pounds so far I have 20 more to go.it has taken me a few months,but it is well worth it.The only problem i have is not being able to sleep early,but I don't wake up tired so it works out.I don't take on weekends at all because I don't want to have to depend on it.I would say to every lady out there "take it"It will work.

Comment from: sportsfan2007, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 12

I am very impressed with adipex. I went to the gym 4 days a week with 2 hour sessions for 3 years and never lost a pound, I lost over 30 pounds with adipex in just 2 months! But now I'm addicted too. My skin stays broke out and I cant sleep. Just be sure you only take what is directed and not keep getting other doc.s to prescribe more to you and end up like me.