Adipex-P User Reviews

Adipex-P - User Reviews

Adipex-P User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Adipex-P sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: sugarfree, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 20

I have been on this med for 30 days now, and I have lost 19lbs- and 2 jean sizes! Super happy with the results- looking to get down 11 lbs more, so hope to be off the drug soon. Please remember to eat while on this drug, and retrain your brain to stay away from bad foods- that is the only way this weight will stay off! Stats: 5'2, started 169lbs, now at 150lbs, goal of 139 or less. Good luck!!

Published: April 15

I started taking Adipex 5 days ago. I have Anxiety/Stress issues so its naturally hard for me to loose weight. I have gained almost 20lbs in the last 2 years. I am only 22, and im 5'3. I weighed 154lbs when i was prescribed this, and im not going to weigh myself until i go back for my check up. Im also on Zoloft for my Anxiety, and the Adipex does not bother me or increase my anxeity symptoms at all. I dont really have any side effects other than i dont sleep long at all. Im lucky to get 4-6 hours a night. I literally have to make myself eat, so its easy to eat healthy. I dont have dry mouth, but i am thirsty alot. You could set anything in front of me, and i really dont want to eat. Theres no temptation. Iv been working out doing cadrio at least 3-4 times a week, for 25-45 minutes. Iv noticed a little difference in my jeans already. So far im satisfied, i just hope the weight comes off fast, and helps me continue eating small portions even after im off of this medication.

Related Reading: Anxiety | Stress | Zoloft

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 06

I took adipex for 3 months. Starting in October 2011 I would take 1 pill in the morning. I am 29 years old and weighed 330 lbs at the time i started taking this. After 3 months i lost 60lbs. It made me not hungry at all really, i was thirsty alot and drank alot of water. It has been almost 4 full months since the last time i took adipex i now weigh 240lbs down from 330lbs. The pill works but you have to make some changes as well. Dont expect it to do everything.

Comment from: Girl2005, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 03

It worked great! I lost 20 pounds my first month and a total of 35 pounds over 2 months. But now I'm addicted, and am too afraid I will gain the weight back. Make sure you are mentaly ready befor you take it!

Comment from: Becaphipps, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 26

I have had no side effects of this medication. I am a very sedentary individual because of a back injury and I knew that losing weight would help aleviate the strain. Exercise was painful, sometimes just getting out of bed was an ordeal. I lost weight with this medication without ANY exercise. Although, I do feel that if I was able to exersice my weight loss would have skyrocketed. I lost 41 pounds in 8 months. This medication is a Godsend!

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 19

I've been taking Adipex off and on for 9 months now. My fiance lost over 80lbs while taking this drug. His sister-in-law-45lbs, his brother 60lbs, and his sister-30lbs! My goal was 50lbs...needless to say, I still haven't reached it. After taking the pill for more than a month consecutively, it stops working. Wait 2 weeks, take it again, and it works again. I stopped taking it for almost 2 months after losing 20lbs, and gained every ounce back, while maintaining the same diet. Exercise is key to this drug. It isn't a miracle drug, but it definitely assists in the fight to be healthier! I would recommend it to anyone who has tried everything else to no avail.

Comment from: Georgia, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 11

so far it has helped decrease my appetite which in turn has helped me lose weight. I seem to not eat as much at each meal as I did before. at my age I was struggling trying to diet and this helped curve the appetite as well

Comment from: AlmostThere, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 05

I am finshing my 3rd month on Adipex. It has done wonders for my weight, my health, my shape and my self esteem. I initially had a full physicial from my dr. and after my blood results came back fine we proceeded. I also want to mention that first month prior to starting this I lost 10 lbs on my own my cutting out white flour and sugar. Once I started the medication the first week I was wired and was constantly moving. I had dry mouth as well, but outside of that no other symptoms or problems. I started working out and monitoring my caloric intake as well and the first month I lost 15 lbs for a total of 25 lbs in 2 months. The 2nd month I lost another 15 lbs for a total of 40 lbs in 3 months. This is my final month and according to my scale I have lost another 11, but my weigh in with my dr. isn't till Friday the 8th, so we'll see. I'm hoping to have broken the 50 lb. mark! I agree Adipex is great, but it's more of a great took to help you loose weight and create a new lifestyle. I've read/learned more about food and how it makes me feel over the past 3 months and also have learned to love going to the gym. The energy from Adipex is NOTHING compared to the energy and personal accomplishment of having a good workout at the gym. I truly feel that Adpiex has been a tool to learn how to eat and excerise properly and give me a jump start to a new life style. I have another 25 lbs to loose before hitting my goal and I am confident with the new tools/skills I will be able to do that in the next 3 months without the help of Adipex. Good luck to all and remember it's a tool to help, not a pill to fix!

Related Reading: dry mouth