Adipex-P User Reviews

Adipex-P - User Reviews

Adipex-P User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Adipex-P sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 14

I started this medicine the first week September the doctor started me on half a 37.5mg pill in the morning and another half eight hours later. My starting weight was 290lbs. I have never been this big and I was truly disgusted with myself. I had so much energy for the first month I was constantly cleaning my house and offering to clean my neighbors house's I had so much energy. The first month I lost 14 pounds. I was so excited. THe second month i was still talking half a pill twice a day. I went through the month watching what I eat and walking and I lost another 9lbs. In November I went up to one whole pill twice a day. My next weigh in I was down another 10lbs. My latest weigh in was today abd this was the weigh in after CHristmas when they say most people fail and I lost another 6lbs. I also take a water pill every three days that the doctor gave me that seem to help. I am trying to lose 100lbs and I am almost halfway there I am so excited. This last baby was not kind on my body and I am glad I found a way to make it work. I sleep good but I was on ambien before I started the adipex. Big side effect is the dry mouth I suck water down all the time. I have had a slight increase in hair loss but I have thick hair so it really isn't bother me. Good luck to everyone out there that are just starting hope you have as good of experience as I have had.

Related Reading: ambien | hair loss

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 07

I started taking this drug Jan 24,2010, weighing 190lbs. The first week I got very constipated, lost 4 lbs. Second week I started Activia in the morning with the pill and have lost 11 lbs total in just two weeks and no more constipation. So I highly recommend Activa for those of you that suffer from the constipation side effect. Overall this pill is working great!

Related Reading: constipation

Comment from: baker5252, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 04

I have been on this for 3 months and have lost 32lbs. I do agree with one of the other people, it is not a miracle drug, you do have to change your lifestyle. I have not exercised yet at all. I have changed my eating habits and this has helped me do that. Makes you very thirsty and curbs your hunger. I love it and have suggested to many others. I'm now the weight I want to be FINALLY!!!!

Comment from: carebear77, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 07

I was nervous to take these pills at first because everything else I have tried never worked. Imagine my surprise to see the numbers shrinking on the scale after the very first week! I started taking them on April 1, 2008 & on May 1, 2008 I went back to my OBGYN and found that I had lost 18 1/2 pounds (with no excercise)!! I just started month 2 and have lost another 5 pounds. I began walking 2 1/2 - 3 miles on our high school track every night using my mp3 player to keep me going. I was diagnosed a year ago with PCOS (poly-cystic ovary syndrome)which has made it extremely hard to lose weight & has caused me to have ovulation/menstrual problems, but Adipex holds no grudges, lol. I can take Adipex in addition to taking Metformin (to help reduce the cysts) & prenatal vitamins with no side effects what so ever! I have lots of energy and can't wait to get my body back into shape & into my beloved jeans that have collected dust over the years. I have recommended this drug to several friends and family members & I will post another update soon.

Related Reading: cysts | vitamins

Comment from: csummey_1978, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 18

I have been on adipex for 10 months now and i have lost 80 pounds.my first month i have lost 17 pounds and i have went from a size 26 jeans to a size 14 regular..any questions e-mail me at csummey1978@nefcom.net

Comment from: BDees, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 13

And they said there isn't a magic pill. This stuff is amazing! I lost 20 lbs. my first month (and that was during Thanksgiving). I've been on it 10 weeks & have lost 32 lbs. 20 more to go! I have had some side effects like dry mouth, trouble sleeping and a little heart palputations....I didn't take during Christmas week and still lost. Wouldn't use it long term and may go to 1/2 pill when I return to doc. This was a great way to jump start the weight loss but respect the fact that you can't abuse it!

Comment from: Sandi, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 01

I am currently taking adipex perscribed by my doctor. I am an active, healthy 25 year old woman and have never had a lot of success losing weight by diet and excersize alone. After talking to my doctor at a regualr check up, she suggested I try adipex to see if it helped at all. I was 225 lbs. at the time. Four months later I am now 185 and still going. I am constantly getting coments about my weight loss which is a new experience for me. It has been a very positive experience. I plan on taking it for another five months and hope to be at 150 lbs. by then. I have more energy and less of an appetite. I actually stop eating before my plate is empty. I can't wait to see my final results. I am very excited.