Adoxa User Reviews

Adoxa - User Reviews

Adoxa User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Adoxa sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Published: March 28

after only a few days my cysts felt smaller or had went away. this has been the only oral medication to work for me

Related Reading: cysts

Comment from: Kim, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 19

This medicine treats cystic acne quickly and effectively. The only drawback is that it is very harsh on the stomach.

Related Reading: acne

Comment from: pickles, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 29

I have a sensitive stomach, but take it as directed and have had no stomach problems.

Comment from: 13-18 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: February 17

My son has only been on this medication for 3 weeks but has seen considerable improvement in the clearing up of his acne. He is on 150 mg, 1x daily and takes it approx. 1 hr after eating and has had no stomach issues.

Comment from: KIM, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 08

TO EVERYONE ON ADOXA, TAKE THE MEDS AT NIGHT...I HAVE DONE IT FOR A MONTH AND NOT HAD A SINGLE PROBLEM WITH IT UPSETTING MY STOMACH!!!!:)

Related Reading: ADOXA

Comment from: suznata, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: November 22

My son takes this after he's eaten and has no stomach upset. It was slow to work at first maybe because he was taking it with food,but it eventually kicked in and his face is clear now.

Comment from: belairbum, 13-18 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: February 21

My daughter was prescribed Adoxa and when we got to the pharmacy to pick it up, we found out that the cost for #60 pills was $500.32. I almost fainted!!! With no RX coverage, how can anyone afford this! It should be illegal for pharmaceutical companies to jack up the prices so much! I was told by the pharmacist that it is Doxycycline, which there are several brands and had to call and get replaced! Wonder what "kick-back" the doc gets for writing this one?? THis is a hug problem in the medical and insurance fraud problems that I wish someone would approach! Very disappointed!!

Comment from: meesh, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 26

I've taken this medication for 3 years now!! It's the only thing that has ever worked for my acne...the first day i took it, my acne improved drastically...but like the others have posted, i must take it with food or else i will get really nauseous, even throw up....my doctor said it was OK to take long term....i hope it doesnt affect my liver, because i love it!

Related Reading: liver

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 19

After developing a resistance to another anti-biotic, my doctor put me on Adoxa. I saw a difference almost immediately. My acne took about a month to clear up completely, but each day it got less noticeable and definitely less painful. Although the instructions say don't take it with food, I would ask your doctor's advice. Mine told me to always take it with food. One morning, I was in a rush and only grabbed an apple. When I took it on such an empty stomach I got VERY sick and threw up twice. So clearly I know why he told me to take it with food. Bottomline--everyone is different so make sure to ask your doctor. Other than that, I think it's a great drug and I am SO happy that it worked for me.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 05

I've been on this medication (150 mg/day) for one month. I had some severe acne above my lip for a few months and nothing was taking care of it. Went to the derm, got this and Ziana, and in conjunction they worked amazingly. My face is absolutely clear, not a single blemish or zit. I haven't decided if I want to get it refilled because it is supposedly very hard on your stomach, and I take enough pills as it is. Overall I had no severe side effects, maybe a headache but I get them often so I'm not certain if the Adoxa caused it or not.

Related Reading: headache