Advair Diskus User Reviews

Advair Diskus - User Reviews

Advair Diskus User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Advair Diskus sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: chichi, 35-44 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: August 24

Sorry, this is going to be a long one. I have had every side effect and it is getting worse. I am not happy with this medication. I can breathe but the aches and pains throughout my whole body especially the feet causes me to not want to do anything. So whats the point if it hampers my quality of life that much? I have gained 40 pounds in 8 months since going back on this medication. I was off it for 2 years. Doing well during that time without and lost weight but had a bad lung infection and had to go back on, my docs insistence and her refusal to prescribe anything else. Doctor does not believe this med can cause these side effects. Been to different specialists and tested for many things. All comes up negative. I have sore throat (and yes I do rinse right after) all time and something new just started I have swallowing problems. I am 39 years old and I have been taking this medication except for the 2 year break since 1997. I went off this med in 2006 and was having these same symptoms of leg and foot aches, previous to the 2 year break. I feel the weakness in my bones and legs. Maybe doctors should listen and believe their patients instead of acting like they are crazy? I am very close to giving up on doctors / medication and the medical world and treating my self on my own. I have had to self diagnosis most of the time anyway. Someone remind me, why do we pay them??

Related Reading: sore throat

Comment from: leaette64, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 28

I really liked this medicene when I was first put on it. But now Im dealing with severe bone deteration and my teeth are literally breaking off. It controls asthma very well but the side effects are not worth it. If you must take this have your Dr. put you on one of the osteoperosis drugs to keep your bones strong(if you have heart problems then at least take extra calcium) I was not told any of this until it was too late and then the damage was done. If your teeth are sensitive even if you brush immediatly after taking advair it will still effect your teeth. Be very careful with this medicene.

Related Reading: asthma

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 29

I ended up in the cardiologist office with sever heart palpitations and arrhythmia. I could really breathe “ but the Dr.'s thought that I had caused damage to my heart from the medication. After a battery of test “ no more Advair and no more problems. I have never experienced heart problems prior and am now on Asmanex “ and no heart problems and .... MUCH BETTER

Related Reading: palpitations | arrhythmia | Asmanex

Comment from: alanas1981@yahoo.com, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 01

When I first started taking advair 250/50, I would get really dizzy, almost like a drunk feeling, and get really sick to my stomach. Told my doc, he said it's not the meds. Ever since then I have been in the ER twice because my throat had swelled shut and I'm using my rescue inhaler 2-3 times more often than before I started advair. I keep getting this feeling like there is something stuck in my throat and have an awful hacking cough. I have also had hoarseness and thrush. Not so sure these side effects outweigh the effect of the drug. My asthma is allergy triggered and I think I might be better off using something else. Thanks to all the reviews on here, I thought I was losing my mind... my doc kept telling me it wasn't advair, but now I see many others are having the same problems.

Related Reading: cough | hoarseness | thrush

Comment from: davenadele, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 23

I LOVE this product, but I'm very concerned about its risks that I hear about. My sister-in-law is a pharmasist, and she has heard lots of issues with people who have died because of this product. Yes, died. I'm still a user, but with great concern. just an FYI

Comment from: Dragon, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years Published: July 27

I have used this for many years and didn't know that all the problems I had was related to this medicine until I started reading peoples comments. In fact I had a dr. that changed my dose to the 500/50 and that messed up my system and made me worse to the point that I could not get out of bed. It was too strong and I stopped taking it. I went back to the 250/50 which was better, but then my prescription lapsed. But I realized that my other symptons went away. I had severe leg cramps, dizziness and vertigo, sore throat and laryngitis. My voice also changed and has gotten deeper. I had the -itis': laryngitis, pharyngitis, sinusitis, bronchitis. I would get these symptons during the year when I was sick, i.e. 2 at a time. When I stopped taking the medicine, the -itis' went away.

Related Reading: dizziness | vertigo | laryngitis