Advair Diskus User Reviews

Advair Diskus - User Reviews

Advair Diskus User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Advair Diskus sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: July 19

I was on this for about one year. The whole time I would wake up at night with really bad leg cramps. I told my Dr. and he tested for calcium and potasium difecancies but they came back normal. After doing some research on my own found out that the cramps was one of the rare side effects. I went back and told my Dr. he thought I was crazy -if the drug rep. had not been there no one would have believed me. Now I am on symbacort it works well without the leg cramps.

Comment from: P L Evans, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 28

I have sore throat, muscle pain and ear ache on right side up to my eye. Pain when chewing salads or yawning. I am on Spriva, Singular, Mucenex and would like ot try something other than Advair 500. I have allergic triggered asthma since 2005. Too expensive. Eye sight has worsened, I worry of calcium loss. I am 59 female.

Related Reading: muscle pain

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 27

Been using it for years with no complaints. Very easy to use. Doc prescribed 2 doses per day but I discovered I only need 1 for it to work (I told him and he OK'd it). Now I only use it once daily and it lasts twice as long, saving me money. Has almost no taste, you can barely even tell anything goes in your mouth. All in all a great drug that keeps me out of the emergency room.

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: June 03

Used Advair for one year and finally realized that this drug was the cause of a lot of problems, specifically: severe headaches, nausea, frequent colds (monthly), dizziness, chronic sinusitis, and damaging inability to think clearly--to name a few. It took about a week after stopping to take the drug for these problems to begin to go away. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms I strongly encourage you to find a new asthma medication. I wish I would have known about the side effects of this terrible "medication" sooner.

Comment from: NowWhat?, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 20

New Asthma sufferer and was put on Advair first time out. First couple of days felt breathing was much better, but longer on it..(only on it for about a week total) and started getting hyper or the feeling of being on speed (great for getting things done), chest pains, joint and hip pains, tingley lips, chills at night, headaches and breathing was worse then when started! Had to stop taking... Dr. not happy!

Published: May 02

I have been using this drug for about 5 years. It works but the side effects are way too intense to justify taking the drug. I want to quite asap. I have no energy, muscle cramps and muscle pain. If i workout it takes 3 days to recover from it. I gained 50 pounds on this drug, my joints hurt, my voice is horse all the time....I also feel like i have aged 20 years since i started to take this drug. Im done not worth it......

Related Reading: muscle cramps

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 25

Spyriva works much better once a day and doesn't give all the side effects and problems advair does.

Comment from: happy camper, 13-18 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 04

After being on Advair (as 14 year old) for a number of years, I started with increased anxiety and panic attacks. These would occur after going to sleep. I would wake up during the night feeling anxious, overheated, heart racing, dizzy, unable to be logical, and irrational thoughts. I had pain all over my body and loss of balance. All of these symptoms stopped when I stopped using the Advair. I was told that the corticosteroid in the inhaler caused the problems. I am currently on Alvesco which is working great and has none of these side effects. The Alvesco works only on the lungs and not on the whole body.

Related Reading: anxiety | panic attacks | sleep

Comment from: Debbie, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: March 13

I have been using Advair for 5 years. In the beginning it worked very well! 3 years into using it I started getting severe muscle spasms. They were so bad I finally asked for something to take to stop the muscle spasms, they gave me clonazepam. It took a couple of days for it to work & now I only will have a spasm every once in a while. Also I've had alot of trouble with mouth soreness & horseness since day one. Also in the five years that I have been taking Advair I have gained 50 pounds!!!! I am on my last Discus & then I refuse to takie it any more, I think its killing me.

Related Reading: muscle spasms