Advair Diskus User Reviews

Advair Diskus - User Reviews

Advair Diskus User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Advair Diskus sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Angel, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 26

Despite my satisfaction rating, this drug does work well. I took 250 mcg. twice a day. It did help stop the bronchio spasms I was having frequently that triggers my attacks, but I had a rather uncomfortable side effect. My entire body felt like it was covered in bruises, way beyond the normal muscle aches. It felt like the kind of bruising you get when you run into the corner of something, but all over! Just putting on my clothes, laying down or being touched was agony. Prior to this medication I was on Medrol, which didn't help much and Prednisone which is just a viscious drug to take. I wish I didn't have this side effect because otherwise, this is a very easy medication to take that otherwise made my life much more livable.

Related Reading: bruises | Medrol

Comment from: tarheel, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 15

Caused pneumonia within two months of starting it. I'm still trying to recover as it left scarring on my lung. Lung cavity fills with fluid. Had dry mouth and muscle pain. I was glad to get off this steroid as well as Singulair. Dr. changed me to Spriiva and my condition is better and there are many fewer side effects.

Related Reading: pneumonia | dry mouth

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 14

I was put on Advair for sports asthma, breathing was becoming more labored when I ran or exercised. After being put on Advair, my symptoms increased. I was coughing up phlegm (which I never did before) and it was harder to breathe than before. I also experienced leg cramps that woke me up in the night. Definitely would never recommend it as a long term treatment.

Comment from: JaymeLynnRN, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 01

advair combined with singulair has kept my asthma well controlled. only needing nebulizer treatment when having pnemonia or bronchitis. I experienced extreme weight gain w/difficulty taking it off, despite excercise/diet.