Advair HFA User Reviews

Advair HFA - User Reviews

Advair HFA User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Advair HFA sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: October 12

I read the review about the child having major behavior problems after starting Advair. I am wondering if that is our problem. Our daughter was very sweet and kind until 4 when she started Advair. We have had demanding, screaming fits since then and there is no major changes to cause this. I forgot her Advair (which we rarely do) the other morning and I realized we had no fits. This morning she woke up pleasant and within 2 minutes of administering the Advair, she errupted. Does anyone have any thoughts on this???

Comment from: Gail, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 14

I was recently diagnosed with Asthma. A big surprise since I have NEVER had breathing problems before. They say that it may be allergy triggered. I wonder if it has to do with the fact that I had walking pneumonia the first of the year. That's when the problem started. They have me using the Advair disc, inhaler and a nebulizer. I was amazed. I could actually SLEEP again! Then, after I had been using it for about a month, I started having really bad cramps. At night, my toes, feet, calves, and thighs cramp. I jump out of bed several times a night. During the day, my fingers and hands cramp really bad. Once it starts, it will sometimes go on for an hour. It's very painful. Sometimes happens when I am doing nothing, but mostly starts when I grasp something. Like using a pen to write or holding a knife and fork to cut up my food. My doctor says that it may be the albuterol and suggested that I cut back on the usage. I gradually got off of the disc. I use the nebulizer every other day, unless I feel like I really need to use it. I use the inhaler when I feel like I need it. I still have the cramps, but not as often. Does anyone else have a problem with cramps??

Related Reading: Asthma | allergy | pneumonia

Comment from: Carol_Rose151@msn.com, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: February 23

My 10 year old grandaughter was prescribed Advair for her cronic asthma condition. Lately my grandaugher (who lives with me and her mother) has become very combative and her behavior is one of crying, screaming, demanding and uncontrolable. Does the affect of the steriod have anything to do with this new behavior??? Please help!!!!!!!!!Shas has recently moved in with me (she has wanted to for over a year now) and since she has been prescribed the Advair her behavior has changed dramidically.

Comment from: Lovean, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: March 05

This medicine did help my breathing but it sent my blood pressure thru the roof. That makes this asthma situation a double edge sword... do you die because you can't breathe or because of a stroke? Either way, I am unable to carry out normal everyday duties nor am I able to carry on a normal life. Other side effects are weight gain, irritability, sudden bouts of crying and general malaise.

Related Reading: stroke

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 05

I had problems with oral irritation from the diskus dispite agressive rinsing and gargling after use to the point that our diet was going change. Also, the dry powder irritated my vocal cords, which is bad for singers. I love the Hfa version and highly recommend it. My only complaint is that you have to take two puffs instead of one.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 12

I find Advair to be pretty effective in helping to control my Asthma and Allergies. I am all over the place in Asthma and Allergy symptoms, so it's hard to treat with just one drug. However, Advair and Singulaire together seem to be controlling it at the moment. My only issue with Advair is the dry mouth. I was advised to rinse out my mouth after taking to prevent this, but I noticed recently the water coming out of this is yellow. I'm a little concerned about what that could be, but because of it's benefits I can overlook it.

Related Reading: dry mouth

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 04

When I was first diagnosed with Asthma, I was put on Advair. The results were amazing, but soon after starting the routine, I lost my voice and had major issues talking, singing was an impossibility. My doctor swithced me to Symbicort and it is working great.

Related Reading: Symbicort

Comment from: aniswrt, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 17

My biggest problem with this medication is that if I use it as prescribed, I end up with the flu symptoms but it isn't as bad as asmanex because I can take it only one puff at a time which works okay. I have allergies and it helps contain them but it makes my feet hurt terribly. I guess that's musculoskeletal pain. I can't take it too many days in a row but when I do take it, it is effective. I guess I'm just intolerant to some of it's effects.

Related Reading: flu | asmanex