Advair HFA User Reviews

Advair HFA - User Reviews

Advair HFA User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Advair HFA sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 25

I have asthma(just found out) and bronchitis. This drug doesn't make people gain weight, if anything you lose it. These people are probably unhealthy and do not work out. This thing does work great, but does sometimes lead to getting headaches a little easier and can make some people wheeze or lose their voice for sure. great drug none the less.

Comment from: J., 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 06

From day 1, I had severe headaches. Especially after taking Advair before I went to bed, I would wake up with a really bad headache. Also started having bad muscle cramps in my feet and hands. Which is why my doctor took my off of Symbicort. Symbicort was about the same, worked great but had constant muscle cramps. I took myself off it, and those symptoms stopped. My back isn't hurting anymore either.

Related Reading: headache | muscle cramps

Comment from: lynda, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 25

I have been on advair pump 115/21 for 2 months now and I have a new lease on life before I found my life restricted so much because I had such breathing problems, now things are almost back to normal.I have had no side affects only benefits.good to do normal things again, I find my allergies are better controlled and I can do normal things again, before I got out of breath just caring my purse.I can tolerate things that would have triggered an attack before,perfumes,smoke,humidity,pollen,dust,etc. I got to the point that breathing was very difficult, now I can carry out daily funtions with ease and have not needed a rescue inhaler.

Comment from: jljs, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 04

Thought this was going to be the one. Throat tightened immediately. Dr. didn't believe me (no longer seeing him).

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 23

sudden severe elevation of blood sugar

Comment from: BigVic, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 11

I just started using Advair and so far it has helped me tremendously the only side effect I have noticed is I am getting headaches now everyday. Has anyone experienced the same thing?

Comment from: Mom, on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year Published: May 12

My elementary school daughter has asthma due to chronic sinusitus and takes Advair to help her manage the asthma. Daily, she complains of severe stomach aches. She's now on Prevacid to help control stomach acid yet she is going to the school nurse two times a day in severe pain. We've tried Mylanta and her teacher allows her to snack when she feels the stomach ache coming on. Has anyone experienced this side affect? Suggestions for improving quality of life?

Related Reading: Prevacid

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: March 28

I wonder how long you should use the same inhaler?

Comment from: BAM, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 20

I wish I would have known about this drug years ago when I played sports. It has helped me out a lot.

Comment from: Older One, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 16

Several times immediately after taking the drug I was forced to use a rescue inhaler in order to breathe. Also, I think the drug affects the heart pulse rate (pulse will vary between 40 and 90 BPM within a short period of time - aproximately one minute).

Comment from: natvewmn, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 20

it first worked ,,but my throat started to swell after 3 days,,and it was very gradual ,,and after the 4th day my tongue swelled as well as my epiglotis muscle( part that hangs in back of throat like a pendulum) so i quit using it,,,u must b careful its not subtle at well,,,,,,,b watchful if u r asked to use it