Advicor User Reviews

Advicor - User Reviews

Advicor User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Advicor sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: scoobydoo, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 24

While Advicor works great to lower my cholesterol and triglycerides, it causes massive flushing, itching, severe enough to last hours, despite taking aspirin with it, per my Dr instructions. It's bad enough of a side effect that I cannot take the meds any longer.

Related Reading: itching | aspirin

Comment from: annel, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 28

I took this med for over a year before I (not my dr)figured out it was the cause of my leg pain.Within a week, pain lessened and after a year (and an arthroscopic knee surgury later)my leg in back to normal.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 18

I have only been tking this drug for 2 weeks. I am experencing yellowing of the eyes, sweating and extreme fatigue. I wake up after 8 hours of sleep and atay up for about 2 hours, then have to go back to bed and sleep for 5 hours, then back to sleep by 11:00 p.m. I first had flushing but it has subsided using 81mg asprin.Waking up with headaches and blood pressure is up too. I take levoxthroxin 125 mg, paxil 60 mg, trazdone 50 mg, blood pressure med.,heartburn meds over the counter, and arthristis meds. I am like I am drunk all day long?

Related Reading: fatigue | paxil | heartburn

Comment from: 65-74 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: April 15

i took it with gemfibrozil and developed rhabdomyolysis

Related Reading: rhabdomyolysis

Comment from: Odell, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: April 13

The drug has been fantastic in controlling all of my cholesterol related problems, total cholesterol has been reduced fron 240 to 125. I've been on he drug for approximately years and the extreme flushing, which occurred during the first few weeks, has disipated and occurs only occassionally. Recently, I've begun to have joint and leg pain but I can't sa it's directly attributagle to this drug as I'm on sveral other medications.

Comment from: steelindan, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: February 21

In the beginning, everything was fine, but a year later my chlor. levels went up and my Dr. double the dose I felt like my whole body was on fire. So she lowered back to the normal dose and I felt better, but now after about 6 mos. later I'm staring to have the same same burning sensation again, it's gotten so bad I've had to miss work. Im going in to see the Doctor to see if maybe I just can't take Advicor 500mg. I just wonder if anyone else had experienced this. Thanks for any infomation.

Comment from: Ric, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: October 19

I take 3 tabs a day. The first year was unbearable. After that occasional burning itching flushing. Last year I started having joint pain and sore legs. I do not recommend it but what are you supposed to do.

Comment from: ouoy250, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: June 15

itching,reaction ,skin turns red.

Comment from: Marie, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 04

I took only two tablets before I started having severe side effects. My daughter took me to the ER thinking I had a stroke. I couldn't answer questions asked by the triage nurse, and my blood felt cold running through my body. After many tests, I was given something to counteract the effects and told my pancreas was irritated. Otherwise, my health is fine.

Cholesterol Management

Tips to keep it under control.