Afinitor User Reviews

Afinitor - User Reviews

Afinitor User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Afinitor sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: wv3872, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 08

I do get red rashes on my body & face.

Comment from: Angus, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 12

I was taken off this drug: I was told it was not working. (I was on a clinical trial at the time. I took the drug for a period of 9 months.)

Comment from: 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 24

I have some mouth sores

Comment from: Bill, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: October 24

wife has been on it for 9 weeks with impressive results after failing on sutent and nearly dying from an allergic reaction to torisel. So far, so very good. She has gotten her life back and even traveled overseas for about three weeks. Causes fatigue and some sore mouth, but Biotene helps with the latter(mouthwash and tooth paste). As always with this disease and its associated medicines, just wondering how long this will last. Disease progressed significantly in the period between the first two failures and the start of the new therapy. Our physician says that he has had people on this medicine for a long time (up to 2 years); here's to hoping for the same here...

Related Reading: sutent | torisel | fatigue

Comment from: 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: May 02

working very well,no side effects as of yet,no signs of cancer in lastchest exray

Related Reading: cancer

Comment from: bob, 75 or over Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 31

just started on7-12-10

Comment from: Kathy BB, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 06

After failing on 5 other chemo treatments, my Dr put me on Afinitor. Finally, my numbers are dropping again! The only side effects that I have experienced are a few mouth sores and nose bleeds. My hair is growing back, the neuropathy in my legs is going away and I am full of energy again. No more sitting in the chair for 3 hours every week..... just one pill a day, and a once a month visit to the Dr for blood work. I love this medication because it has given me back my quality of life :-)

Related Reading: Afinitor

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: October 07

My father used this drug for 5 months. Nothing happened and it has very very bad side effects I do not recommend using this drug try sth else. Doctor stopped this drug for my father

Comment from: Bobby, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: January 30

Going well for my wife so far. Stage IV Breast Cancer. Tamoxifen was not working, but Afinitor seems to be working ( breast tumor has reduced in size quite alot ). Side effects are not bad ( mouth sores ).

Related Reading: Breast | tumor

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 09

I had my left kidney removed June 2011 and part of my left lung as it had metas. I was on Sutent and very ill and on another drug that did not work. So far this is helping to shrink my tumors in my lungs. The only side effect is a slight cough and some fatigue.

Related Reading: cough

Comment from: daniel, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year Published: November 13

never