Aggrenox User Reviews

Aggrenox - User Reviews

Aggrenox User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Aggrenox sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: agalloway, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 28

Only been on it 2 weeks. As long as I take it with a full glass of water and sit up at least 30 minutes after taking, no headache or nausea. I hope this will work cause I have had 4 TIA in the last two weeks (and two strokes, one last year, one five years ago).

Comment from: jimjax, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 04

I had headaches when I first started taking this 2 times a day,so Dr.recommended trying 1 a day for a week,then take the 2 a day after that and it has been no problem since,which is a little over 2 months now. The cost of them is high,but so is the health issue that it prevents.

Comment from: amc432, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 21

have had 3 TIA's 1 Stroke, and this medication is worse it has given me a severe headache, and raised my heart rate, and I feel like I am going to come out of my skin, jittery,confusion, I do not like the way it makes me feel will talk to cardiologist and have him change it.

Comment from: Grandma M, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 11

I have been taking Aggrenox for three weeks. The first 7 days I had headaches after taking the morning capsule. Two days they were like migraine. After that, no headaches. I took Tylonol for the headaches.

Comment from: Bets, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 09

Had a stoke Sept. 2008 Took 2 caps a day for 5 months. Suffered headaches, fast heart beat, very painful sensitive skin, sever stomach acid, and athritic pain in both wrist, neck and left knee. Never had pain before. Stopped taking medication and most cleared up immediately except for right knee. Had cortizone which made it worse. Was on a walker for several weeks. Had a series of shots in my knee for 3 weeks. Am now waiting to see how the shots work or I will need to have knee replacement surgery. I had never had a problem with my knee before. I will never take this medication again. Wish I had never started it. I take asprin now and Doctors have said that it is just as good. I personally think the medication can be one of the worst things I have ever taken.

Comment from: wesson, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 22

Severe headaches from this drug

Comment from: hadad0104, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: May 10

My father had a TIA in 2004 and was prescribed aggrenox. He had migrain headaches and severe nausea for the first 3 weeks. He then developed bloody stools and severe stomache pain. Once taken off the drug the by the ER Resident the symptoms diminished. He's left with mild nausea and diverticulitis as a result of this. This drug was too strong and his doctor ignored his symptoms.

Related Reading: diverticulitis

Comment from: jack, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 31

I have had no problem with this drug and hve been on it for over a year, twice a day.

Comment from: wildbillcodine, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 29

This drug is highly effective. At first however, it has some pronounced side effects mostly headache. This makes sense because the idea is to dilate arteries which induces a two week long migraine headache. The side effects are transitory and in some respects prove out the medication's effectiveness. When having some dental work the dentist noticed pronounced bleeding. This is also a sign the drug is effective. Presently I have no side effects from this medication and feel that it has positive benefits.

Comment from: pammysue, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 24

I have been on this for about 4 months now. At first had such headaches could not sleep they were like migraines.Those have gotten better and seems to be doing what its suppose to now

Comment from: 1tonyg, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 13

Have been on Aggrenox for 3 years after having 2 TIA's. Haven't had a TIA since. First 2 weeks of treatment was hell.....headaches and nausea. After 2 weeks...no more side affects. Suggest anyone trying this drug to give it a chance. Results are worth the adjustment period.

WebMD Daily

Get breaking medical news.