Agrylin User Reviews

Agrylin - User Reviews

Agrylin User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Agrylin sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: whatzup2day, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 29

I have FSH muscular dystrophy. I began taking L-Carnosine at 500mg 6 times per day. Within two days I noticed a difference. My drop foot was much less severe, I had no pain and inflammation in the muscles and had more strength in general. My muscles didn't fatigue as quickly. I could take much larger steps and didn't feel off balance. I would recommend this product to anyone who has any type of muscular dystrophy. They have found that people with muscular dystrophy have much less carnosine in their muscles as compared to normal individuals. L-carnosine helps eliminate lactic acid from the muscles, helps with the strength of the muscles as well as the contractability.

Related Reading: fatigue

Comment from: pete, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 25

I started taking the L-Carnosine capsules I bought at Vitamin World after seeing the Dr. Oz show episode on how a study was done and they found that L-Carnosine helped practically everything from fighting aging to A.D.D. to improving eyesight, diabetes, energy levels, everything. He said it was a true miracle pill. He said to take the 500 mg capsules twice a day. I took 1 capsule a day as I tend to be sensitive to medications and supplements. I took them for about 3 weeks and then stopped. These gave me stomach pains, very tense muscles all over, made me constipated and raised my blood pressure. I also had great difficulty getting a decent nights sleep as these kept me awake and gave me pains all over when laying down. This supplement may have some good benefits over a long period but I just don't know if the side effects are worth it. Strangely enough the Dr. Oz website does not respond to questions asked on its forums about his recommendations. I am very disappointed.

Related Reading: diabetes | sleep

Comment from: KathyE, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 20

I was using eye drops for cataracts, by 3rd day I thought I might be having hot flashes. Fourth day my breasts were swollen and extremely painful. Effected my hormonal balance. I was using 1 drop 4x's a day. I am extemely sensitive. It was, however, cleaning the lymph system.

Related Reading: cataracts | hot flashes

Comment from: jlaswd, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: March 16

This medication reduced the platlet count, and was easy to swallow. However, everything I have read and the experience of my husband taking this drug, I am surprised it's still on the market. My husband had a massive stroke. When life flighted to UC Davis the Hem. doctor told me he should have never been placed on this drug. It was probably the cause of his bleed. When I looked it up on the internet, it showed that during an Agrylin study of 89 people, 57% of the people dropped out due to serious complications. This was on WebMd dated July 5, 2005. In fact, it stated that their findings were so astonishing that they halted their study to publish the results. I continued my search and found that several doctors have found that Agrylin is not a suitable choice for ET. I continue to research it and continue to find more and more. I have contacted the FDA and have received no response other than they would check into it.

Related Reading: stroke | Agrylin

Comment from: carnosine, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: July 11

feel like running around all the time

Comment from: lds, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: September 23

so far doing ok on medication

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 19

This medication was prescribed for the treatment of thrombocytosis. It replaced the drug hydroxyurea when that drug began to decline in effectiveness. After taking Agrylin for about two years, I was diagnosed with hypertension. Hemotologist treating me did not attribute the high blood pressure to the drug but after getting a second opinion was told that it does in fact cause hypertension. When I switched back to hydrea, my high blood pressure went back to normal. In addition to the hypertension, I had irregular heart beats, severe headaches, and swelling of my ankles. Feel much better since I was taken off and returned to hydrea which began to work again after being off for two years.

Related Reading: high blood pressure | hydrea