Aldactone User Reviews

Aldactone - User Reviews

Aldactone User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Aldactone sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: June 05

After multiple courses of antibiotic treatments, and a suggestion that I go on acutane, I found a wonderful dermatologist who prescribed aldactone for my hormonal acne. He explained that the drug binds to the receptors on my oil glands, blocking the hormones from binding there and activating them. My skin has been clear for several years now. It's been necessary to increase the dosage over time, but it's really been a miracle drug for me. I was surprised not to see this listed as one of its uses. The added bonus is that this drug comes in several generic forms, since it's been around for so long, so the treatment is less expensive than any other I've tried---and 100 times more effective!

Related Reading: aldactone | acne

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 06

This is a fantastic drug. My dermatologist prescribed it to be for hormonal acne as I cannot take birth control (due to a blood clot) and my skin is amazing. I was on the fence about taking a generic form of accutane for my skin, but we tried 25 mg of aldactone twice a day and my skin is now completely clear and flawless! I have had no side effects from this medication and as far as I know it is completely safe. Your doctor may require blood work every few months as this medication may increase your potassium levels, but most if you're only taking 25mg twice a day you should be fine. One thing I must point out is that it takes a few months before this medication works in full! Your skin WILL NOT get worse while on this pill (which is why I love it) but it will just take a few months until it is fully in your system to stop causing pimples. I highly recommend this medication to anyone struggling with acne. Also, MD Forte skin care products are great to use in combination with this mediation. I used MD Forte cleanser 2 and MD Forte cream 1 day and night and now have flawless beautifully pigmented skin. For those considering accutane, try this first! Hope this helps!

Related Reading: birth control | accutane

Comment from: female bicyclist, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 30

My dermatologist prescribed this drug for perioral acne. It worked great for the acne but I had severe thirst and terrible mood swings with loss of energy and excess fatigue - something I have never had trouble with in the past. I have been off the medication for a month now and I feel SO much better. I was surprised that this drug so adversely affected my mood. I would rather have the acne! I may have been more susceptible to the meds because I exercise (and hence sweat) a lot.

Related Reading: fatigue

Comment from: golf for fun, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: June 17

Since being on this med, I have experienced leg and feet pain. Having problem sleeping at night because of the pain. Has anyone else experienced this problem? It has lowered blood pressure, but the pain is getting to be a problem.

Comment from: SusanG, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 01

It works for the swelling in my ankles, but the severe hair loss and itching skin are unacceptable.

Related Reading: hair loss | itching

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 03

I developed side effects after taking just two doses of this medication. I developed a very strong pain (muscle spasm) in my hip, buttocks and thigh. I also had nausea and vomiting which lasted one day. But the pain (muscle spasms) subsided (but did not go away) very slowly over the course of two weeks. Now after two weeks of not taking the blood pressure medication, I still have a problem with some pain and numbness in my thigh muscle. I have been prescribed a muscle relaxer and an anti-inflammatory medication but the side effects persist. I will need to follow up again with my doctor because these side effects will not go away. I would never take this medication again and urge others to question their doctors about another blood pressure medication if you need one.

Related Reading: nausea and vomiting | muscle spasms

Comment from: tonizkydz, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 19

I was prescribed this medication 10 days ago and since then, I have had shortness of breath, decreased lung capacity, and severe diarrhea. I can't lay down in bed because it feels like I'm underwater. This was prescribed by my doctor in addition to Lotrel 10/40. I felt better without taking it when I did stop for a day, and when I began to take the regular dosage 2x a day, there was no sleep for me and extreme shortness of breath, swelling, and shear panic that I was having a heart attack. I do not recommend this medication if you are already on something else for HBP. I see my doctor this morning and I am taking this medication back to him.

Related Reading: diarrhea | Lotrel | sleep