Aldactone User Reviews

Aldactone - User Reviews

Aldactone User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Aldactone sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Jan Houston , 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 06

This is the second time in several years I've been put on spironolactone, 25 mg X2 /day. It does bring my BP down, but it is giving me extreme back pain in the kidney area. Also I feel dizzy and ankles swell. When I get off of it my back pain goes away, has anyone else experienced this?

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: November 07

I have only been on this medicine for a week and I can tell a huge difference on how fast facial hair is growing.

Comment from: KG, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 30

STOPPED SWELLING ABOVE ANKLES.

Comment from: Keeping fingers crossed in NM., 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 01

I started taking this RX due to hair growth on my lip area and chin area. I have only been on this RX for 35 days, I am unsure if has presented any positive delay in any hair growth, as I still have some hair growth, but as I have been informed it will delay if not curtail any further "New" hair growth, so it is undetermined if I would have had additional hair growth without the RX, so I choose to continue taking the RX in hopes that the hair growth will cease in new areas other than the small areas I have now. I will keep you informed if anything changes.

Comment from: elisabeth42182, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 19

I was diagnosed with PCOS and endometriosis three years ago. I took cocktail after cocktail of different combinations of medication and estrogen/anti-cancer pills...EVERYTHING! There is no pill better than Aldactone. It gives visible/physical results like no other med can! It's unbelievable.

Related Reading: endometriosis | cancer

Comment from: Beth, 35-44 (Patient) Published: September 18

For me... results. So far, cannot see the down side.

Comment from: EVASINC1@GMAIL.COM, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 18

I AM EXPERIENCING IMBALANCE, RIGHT EYE VISABILITY, INABILITY OF RIGHT BODY MOTION

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 02

I am 21 years old and dermatologist has prescribed this medication to me for acne. I've only taken it for a month but I've seen results. My doctor prescribed this medication before I try Accutane. I have been suffereing from acne since I was 14 and I've tryed many OTC treatments and also oral and topical treatment prescribed by the doctor. I've noticed that the bigger ones have dissipated. Since taking this medication I've had slight cramping in one of my legs, shortness of breath and fatigue. Nothing too major. If this continues to work then I won't end up using accutane. I hope this comment helps some. This medicine isn't usually prescribed for what I'm using it for.

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: May 14

There is no test. I have P. H., specifically Conn's Syndrome. The spiro has removed the multitude of symptoms you get with Conn's. I feel great, am able to excercise and be active again. This medicine has given me my life back. I may eventually have corrective surgery to remove the benign tumor on my adrenal gland, but this medicine makes that procedure optional rather than manditory.

Related Reading: tumor

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: June 23

No problems, my doctor wants me to stay on it for other benefits it has. Am worried about being on this drug indefinately tho.

Comment from: BigMoma, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 02

Had horrific swelling of ankles & feet. After taking this medicine, they never looked better. No swelling at all. Only down side was extreme tiredness. When I ran out of my script, I had a terrible case of tendonitis in ankle & heel. Not sure if that was related to stopping medication though. Very pleased with drug for swelling.