Aldara User Reviews

Aldara - User Reviews

Aldara User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Aldara sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Moray, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: February 18

My husband was prescribed this treatment in October, 3 months supply to ba taken 5 night out of 7. No follow up in-between & no questions asked re his general health (blood pressure etc.) Admitted to hospital with heart failure - very rapid heart beat, swelling with fluid retention and extremely high blood pressure in December.It took me to look up the Aldara web site & find these can be rare side effects. Perhaps the drs should at least take your blood pressure before prescribing this cream, from something that is not serious to making something life threatening. Please take care with this.

Comment from: stramber, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 29

Horrific Adverse events with it. Burnt my genitals and anus and blisters. Red hot welt and hives on tummy. Itch hives and blisters and boils has driven me mad and NOTHING works on it. Not cortisone cream nothing ! Am getting all manner of infections. Hurt my hearing now get an echo. My sight is not as good.

Related Reading: hives | boils

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 11

I am on week 5 of a 6week treatment for BCC on my chest. The BCC was the size of a pencil eraser and after applying Aldara it is now 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Very itchy, thick, and altogether disgusting looking. My derm says it's doing its job. It made areas nearby flare up and I was told I have other skin damage that the drug is finding. I will be glad when this is over next week.

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 02

This medication is much more aggressive than others I have used like Effudex, Carac and Solareze. The reaction to the teated site is severe but if you want to get rid of the cancer without surgery, Aldara is the stuff. I treated my forehead and back nightly for 14 days. Severe redness and swelling. I also treated my lip for 18 days. That was absolutely miserable but effective. I would not suggest doing a lot of spots at the same time.

Related Reading: Carac | cancer

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 09

I had a little grouping of about 3 or 4 warts in the area between my vagina and anus. In two weeks time these warts were completely gone with Aldara. This medicine worked great however it was uncomfortable. After a few uses the area became sore and irritated but the outcome was worth a little discomfort. My doctor said she believes this is the best treatment for warts, as it doesn't leave scars and it may help prevent new warts from growing in the same area. This medicine is very expensive though, a one month supply with no insurance runs about $300, so obviously insurance helps. But a little of this medicine goes a long long way so you can make the medicine (and your money) go much further by only using a half packet at a time.

Related Reading: warts | scars

Comment from: Dorotheia, 75 or over on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 30

side effects, skin blisters on my hose and cheeks, my face is red from my cheeks to my chin. An other web page medical report "skin color changes that do not go away". Stay away from Aldara. I stopped after about three days.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 08

I was prescribed Aldara back in October. My doctor instructed my to apply the cream three times a week for six weeks and then come back for a follow up. The first two applications were fine. I had no reactions and everything was painless. I decided to research Aldara and was overwhelmed by all the negative and horrifying stories, that I decided to stop applying the cream all together. About two weeks passed and in that time I had researched all these home remedies for warts such as apple cider vinegar and vitamin e oil. The apple cider vinegar BURNED!! I could not handle that! I said what the heck and after my skin completely healed from the ACV, I continued using the aldara. I wish I never stopped using the cream! It has been GREAT with getting rid of the warts. There is a SIGNIFICANT improvement and the warts are almost completely gone! Yes my skin was irritated and it does look worse before it gets better. I found that the cream is just as effective if you wait more days in between. It was difficult for me to do every other day because my skin would get irritated and burn and itch. Sometimes I had to wait 2 or three days before applying the cream again but it is better than applying the cream to already irritated skin, as this can be painful and set back healing time. I had to COMPLETELY stop having sex. My skin was so sensitive to the treatment that sex would just make things worse for my recovery. I used a Q-tip when applying the cream because on me, if I applied the cream to areas of my skin that did not have warts then it would get very irritated. I just had my six-week check up and my warts are almost gone. To anyone that has doubts, just hang in there if you can. A lot of the symptoms listed here are common and expected. It gets worse before it gets better and I never imagined that I would look normal again but I do!

Sex & Relationships

Get tips to boost your love life.