Aldara User Reviews

Aldara - User Reviews

Aldara User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Aldara sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Rivertest1, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 01

I was told to apply Aldara to six areas of my face and forehead - 3x a week for 4 weeks. Within ten days I had 24 angry areas and by the time I'd finished there were 37! In between I had all the classic flu-like symptoms - muscle, head and back ache, fever, no energy or appetite, insomnia and swollen glands. But - within a week of stopping the treatment, and applying an antibiotic cream (Fucidin), my face was pretty well back to normal. Now, six weeks after starting, I am completely back to normal with no scarring and a face like a baby's bottom! It's definitely not easy - and you have to have confidence in it - but at the end of the day it's results that count and in my case it was well worth all the hassle. The biggest problem is lack of sleep and if you have to treat both cheeks, as I did, the warmth of the pillow makes the inflammation worse and you wind up sleeping in ten minute bites. Air conditioning helps!

Related Reading: fever | insomnia | sleep

Comment from: ouch, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 12

Have been using this for 3 1/2 weeks, 5 times a week. Dr. said to use it 7 days, for 4 weeks. Decided I would follow the manuf. instuctions. My forehead has been bloody, sore, swolen and has spread from a small spot to over 1 1/2". Nose area scabbed only after 5 days of use. Found I could use small packet for all 5 days, very little is needed. Going to stop due to the pain.

Comment from: Lucy Ambrose, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 25

Halfway through 6 week course of 5x a week. Small area on shoulder was just pale pink before starting to use. Now it's larger and red...has scabbed and quite itchy and uncomfortable during the week during use. Over the weekend the discomfort lessens. Not terribly uncomfortable but I hope the scar that's left won't be worse than the tiny spot before. I have been having lots of mucous in throat and terribly itchy palms of hands. Now I'm wondering whether those are possible side effects of drug. Hands making me crazy!

Comment from: carolplay1943, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 01

when I first began this Rx--after a few days I looked terrible--my face looked like I fell in a gravel pit and the gravel wass all stuck to my forehead--that continued for quite awhile-this was using the RX every day for 2 weeks/then began using it only on M-W-F, would start to look barely better and I had to take more--after using all of the packets, afew ddays after stopping, skin became really dry and itchey,,then began to flake off...now my forehead is almost clear just a slight redness

Sex & Relationships

Get tips to boost your love life.