Aldomet User Reviews

Aldomet - User Reviews

Aldomet User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Aldomet sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 07

I take methyldopa (aldomet) for pregnancy induced hypertension (postpartum). Dr. started me on atenolol (100 mg) which didn't lower the BP enough, so she added aldomet (250 mg, 3 times a day). This worked. I now take it only 2 times a day and it is still working. At first felt very tired when taking it, but now I've gotten used to the drugs and have no side effects.

Related Reading: aldomet | pregnancy | atenolol

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: July 16

I am a supposedly a healthly fit 39 yr old female with Stage II HTension. Have been taking this drug for 7wks now, lowered bp to only about 148/98 average..I am tired all the time which I don't like and I seem to be a bit more "forgetful"...maybe because I'm tired? ugh and I would like to conceive before I'm 42 -

Comment from: hutced1, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 04

It brought down my bp but made me VERY tired

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 17

I was diagnosed with chronic hypertension 4months ago. Since my doctor prescribed Aldomet(methyldopa)my blood pressure has been under control and I hadn't had any problems controlling my blood pressure since. This medication has helped me tremendously.

Comment from: ladyTEE37, 35-44 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: April 26

I am a 37yr.old black woman and I am currently taking aldomet for my high blood pressure. I have been taking aldomet for 5 yrs. now. I was diagnosed with high blood pressure in 2005 when I was pregnant with my now 5 yr. old and with my 2 yr.old. It is very safe and there was only one side effect............it made me rest, which I was in much need of.

Related Reading: high blood pressure

Comment from: Diamond, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 20

I've been taking Aldomet for about 5 months, at first 250mg once a day it brought my blood pressure down but not consistently, so my doctor increased it to 500mg twice a day, now I'm tired all the time and dizzy. It is brining my blood pressure down consistently, I too am trying to conceive. Before I was on Benicar which is a wonder drug. It brought it down and kept it down but had to change do to the fact I'm trying to conceive.

Related Reading: Benicar

Comment from: atlanta, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: June 22

I changed to this drug over a year ago because I am trying to conceive. We eventually had to add Procardia as a supplement to get my bp under control. I am very tired and have a lot of leg swelling by the end of the day.

Related Reading: Procardia

Comment from: lucy, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years Published: March 04

This medication is extremely dangerous my mother was on it for many years. It created liver and digestive complications an eventually she died of pancreatic cancer; which is all related to Aldomet 0ral. Every one just stay away from this poisong.

Related Reading: liver | pancreatic cancer

Comment from: carmengreene49, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: July 14

I was 35 when I became pregnant with my second child. I developed HBP early on the pregnancy, so my doctor put me on Aldomet because he said it was the safest bpm out there. I had a great pregnancy and labor, and that was the only med I was taking. Now I am 49 and my son is 15 and Moderately Autistic despite having a full term plus pregnancy. I dont know what causes AU, but for those of you that are pregnant and this is subscribe, be forewarned. My first son, I developed toxemia during the last trimester, and I was put on partial bed rest but no meds, and he is fine. Just something to think about. Many Moms take this med and have no issues later, and as my doc. told me he did not want me to be on any prescribed meds, but due to my HBP. and if I wanted to continue the pregnacy, this was the best choice. I took the smallest amount , I think it was either 5-10 mg 1x a day....you just never know, be aware and ask lots of questions.... to your doc, they sure are getting paid for it, If I had to do it over again, I would have told him to take me out of work and put me on bedrest, Ilove my son dearly and this may not be the reason he is AU, but I cant dismiss it....this Autism is a bitch is the easiet sense of the word, and world....