Aldomet User Reviews

Aldomet - User Reviews

Aldomet User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Aldomet sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 07

I am taking this due to my Pregnancy induced Hypertension at 29 weeks. I was originally on Labetalol starting at 16 weeks but the side effects were increasing daily and I had to stop taking the Labetalol. I am hoping that the Aldomet 250mg twice a day will control my BP for the next 11 weeks I have before my due date without any unwanted side effects.

Comment from: fellow patient, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 25

I have been taking this medication for less than six months but so far it has worked to keep my b/p down for the most part, much better than any of the previous drugs I took including Clonodine, which I think was down right dangerous, but I read some people have headaches with this medications and stress taking it at the same exact time each day and in the same dosage each time and be concise to the minute and after a week or so the headaces will cease the meds just need to get leveled off in your system and you need to keep the same amount of meds in your system for it to be most effective I've experienced. but at the beginning the headaches can be a bear but suffer through for a few days and it should stop if your precise and consistant.

Related Reading: stress

Comment from: dicesare, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 17

I just started this medicine last week. I have never been "on" anything besides daily multi-vitamins, Claritin, or birth control in my younger days. I'm 35 (today) and just had my 2nd child on 8-29. My doctor prescribed this because I am breastfeeding and it is supposed to be the safest for the baby. My blood pressure was always pretty regular (135/70 to 145/80) but after I delivered, it was creeping up to 150/90's. My doctor put me on 1000mg a day (500 morning & night). Besides being up every 2 hours to feed my daughter (which could account for me being extremely tired), I am getting some bad headaches, which I think is the meds. Any idea when these may go away? Being exhausted is enough.

Related Reading: vitamins | Claritin | birth control

Comment from: TiffanyS, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 06

I have been taking aldomet for about two weeks (trying to conceive). I have to admit that it controls my HBP 110/73. I am 34 years old. Aldomet gives me horrible headaches and I am extremely tired. I am working with my doctor to find a med that I can function on while trying to get pregnant. Currently the side effect are unbearable.

Comment from: PATTY, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 05

My doctors prescribed it throughout my pregnancy, and 3 mths after delivery I am still on it. I don,t like taking it while nursing but the Dr. says I don,t have a choice. My bp just refuses to normalize.

Comment from: Sheryie, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 20

I had been on Clonidine, Transdermal System 0.3 mg/day without getting my blood pressure under control for 3 plus years. My doctor put me on Methlydopa, 500MG tabs,twice a day, 7 days ago. For the first time in many years, my BP is 132/82 and lower. Works wonders for me.

Comment from: 40 but feel 60, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 21

This medication caused me to get Drug Induced Lupus. I had been on aldomet for about 5 years, starting late in 2004. I had HBP and changed due to trying to conceive. I had one child in Dec 2005 and another Aug 2007. Not knowing my status with more children my dr kept on my it. In Dec 2008, I had a severe joint pain, unable to walk up stairs and blisters on my hands. I had two more 'flare ups' in Apr 2009 and July 2009 before being sent to a Rheumotologist and getting diagnosed with Drug-Induced Lupus. Within 3 weeks of changing to Benicar, I stopped feeling like I was 90 years old. Which was good ( I was in my late 30's). Now I feel like I am in my 60's and the same Rheumotologist diagnosed me with Fibromyalgia. I am wondering if Aldomet set that off as well. Benicar controls my blood pressure much better. I wish there were better options for women tryign to conceive. I have been sentenced to a live of extreme exhaustion, aches and pains and never realized the risk.

Related Reading: Lupus | Fibromyalgia

Comment from: 25-34 (Patient) Published: February 03

this isn't exactly a review. i just got methyldopa (aldomet) yesterday I am 29 and trying to conceive. I am extremely worried about all of this. if anyone has any words if wisdom it would be very much appreciated. thanks.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: April 28

I took aldomet while pregnant and had no side effects or problems. It worked very well.