Alimta User Reviews

Alimta - User Reviews

Alimta User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Alimta sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: kingden, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 06

It's hard for me to rate Alimta because I've only had 1 treatment. This is my second chemo session. My cancer was only in remission for about 6 months. I have a ton of mouth sores and I also have a skin rash. I'm somewhat depressed, but I think that's more from the fact that I have to go thru chemo again more than the drug causing the problem. I;m also very tired. I hope tht this time works for me and I pray that I never have to have chemo again. I'm praying that Alimta does the trick, no matter what the side effects.

Related Reading: Alimta | cancer | rash

Comment from: hilary, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: October 29

My second chemo session in remission since Jan 08 Had mouth ulcers bad, first treatment found gardeling with salt water after each meal helped,Just had my third tretment had head and costipation sorted this OUT with Lactocur and coloxyl tabs finding itdifficult to stop nausea.Had a scan Cancer has decreaased in size hope it keeps up I keep happy only way I can cope. Can not walk far Good Luck and health too you all

Comment from: Renegade, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: August 03

I just had my 7th monthly treatment as part of monthly maintainence plan. My cancer was tumors around the lymph nodes of my bronchial tubes. So far, no serious side effects other than a little tiredness. Have had 2 PET scans and both results have been NO CANCER! PRAISE GOD!

Comment from: mgmsr, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 19

I've had it twice and all I can see is that the lymph Nodes in my neck are getting bigger and more sore, and my COPD has gotten worse. Two days before my first treatment I did 20min on a treadmill and lifted weights for 1/2 hour, and did Cardio after that for 20min.. Now I can't walk across the room.

Comment from: Rf, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 02

After 3rd treatment, too soon to tell effectiveness. Noticed some weakness and ill feelings starting 4 days after treatment and lasting for a week. Had nausea but proton pump inhibitors worked fine. Am starting Tarseva so must eliminate Prevacid and find another means to control vomiting

Related Reading: Prevacid

Comment from: froggicori, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: November 11

This is my husband's second line of Chemo after Carbo and Taxotere which worked well until it was doing more harm than good. Now he has anemia and neutropenia? but neither are in dangerous category. His appetite is starting to come back and he has only a little nausea with Alimta. So far we are very pleased, but he will have scans after his next round on the 23rd of Nov. 2010 and we will better know how it's doing. Renegade, is this your first time Chemo or maintenance or just second line Chemo?

Related Reading: Taxotere | anemia | neutropenia

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 11

Second round of chemo for my husband. This time he's being given carboplatin IV along with Alimta IV. First time in 2006 he was given Carboplatin IV, Avastin and had to take Tarceva daily (pill form).Too soon to tell if this combination is effective. His appetite is good, no nausea, no hair loss this time. Will do x-ray later this month and go for third treatment. One more treatment after that. I believe in "miracles". This thing called "cancer" will go into remission.

Related Reading: Avastin | Tarceva | hair loss

Comment from: freeme, 75 or over Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 24

I have all the classical symptons. It has zaped me from the start. I have taken one dose with the next one in a week. Never have I been so weak. Hoping this drug helps me and others.Wondering if the drug is worth the pain.Perhaps if the outcome is good I will report differently, but if it doesn't then taking this isn't worth all the suffering. I rather just let the cancer take its course and let the life cycle end.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 29

Have only had 3 treatments thus far. Wont know for another month if it made a difference. First 2 treatments went good and this last one I was sick for 9 days! Dont know why.

Comment from: toosoon, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: October 17

if you start to lose feeling in your mid-section and legs stop alimta. it happened to my dad and after 3 treatment he died from it. ejoy what time you have cause you never know! take care.

Cancer