Alinia User Reviews

Alinia - User Reviews

Alinia User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Alinia sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 22

I've taken 3 of the 6 prescribed pills so far. The only side affects I've encountered is slight dizziness when standing too quickly, slight yellowing if the white part of my eyes, and neon yellow coloring of the urine on the first day.

Related Reading: dizziness

Comment from: Silverfox, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 10

I was experienicing chronic diarrhea and stool samples came back negative for any parasites or giardiasis but we decided to treat for them before we did a colonoscopy. I continued to have diarrhea through out treatment but by the second day after my last pill I was back to normal. I'm very grateful to this medication for giving me my life back!!

Related Reading: diarrhea

Comment from: AlabamaAJ, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 11

Started taking the drug for constipation, gas, and bloating that was not responding to any other treatments. I have been prescribed a course of 2 tablets a day for 20 days. So far the side effects are mild. I have bright colored urine, slight yellowing of the whites of my eyes, mild gas, and a dull headache. I am on day 3 of treatment. My bloating has subsided, and constipation seems to be lessened somewhat.

Related Reading: constipation | headache

Comment from: MartyP, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 24

A severe allergic reaction started on day three of taking this medication. Itching, swelling of skin in red patches and hives. Had to contact Doctor and get on Benedryl and predisone, immediately.

Related Reading: Itching | hives

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 02

This drug didn't work very well for me. Perhaps there was another antibiotic which could have been more effective. Still have diarhea and have to have more tests.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 01

it caused me to have multiple episodes of diarrhea and gas during the period I took the medication

Comment from: bmslove, 0-2 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: August 25

My toddler used this medication twice so far and it works well for her. It does seem to make her a little dizzy though.

Comment from: Sue, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 11

I have taken this drug for 3 days now (my Dr prescribed 7 days total)and I am having such severe leg cramps that it is hard to sleep and even walk. The drug seems to be affective expect for the leg cramps that cover both legs from top to bottom.

Comment from: ke, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 19

I noticed a difference after the first day - near-normal bowel movements. I feel much better after two days of Alinia, and stomach discomfort is gone. Side effect of the meds for me are weird taste in mouth, slightly sleepy after taking the medicine. After the great results, however, I can't complain.

Related Reading: Alinia

Comment from: Girlygirl, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: October 25

My husband had a liver transplant On Jan 28,2009,he acquired hepc from the army n Germany n 1976.He went thru muyiple treaments of peg-intron,n combination with 9ribavarin pills daily and also injections on infergen,w'9 ribavarin pills(250mg) daily,with the virus still agressing.B4 his transplant his viral load was 65million 3 mos after his transplant,April28,2009 it was 2 million.He has been the thrd vet@VAMC n Mem.TN approved 2 take Alinia(500mg)2times a day in conjunction with an injection of Pegasys(180mgc)weekly,with 1Ribavarin pill(250mg taken only 2times a day,(and usually after a transplat,Hep-c is up 2 twentyfold more aggressive9cause of the immunosuppresant).His viral load take after taking the Alinia in Conjuntion w'standard drugs given to combat hepc taken for 2&1/2 months has dropped to under 800,000,Alinia has not been marketed yet for transplant patients only,with Hep C,but I hope it will be soon,cause it has been a tremendous tool used n combination with standard hepc meds it to combat and bring down my husbands viral load significantly!!!!

Related Reading: liver | peg-intron | infergen