Allegra User Reviews

Allegra - User Reviews

Allegra User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Allegra sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Quiguen, 25-34 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: December 22

I have used Allegra for a decade to control and minimize my system's allergic reaction to everything from trees to grasses and from cats to dogs and from mites to mildew-- I'm allergic to everything it seems at times! :-) Allegra 180 has been extremely effective for me, although I do supplement periodically with antihistimine eyedrops and/or a nasal steroid. That said, when pollen and ragweed counts rise drastically, Allegra helps immensely but does not relieve entirely my symptoms.

Related Reading: Allegra

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 30

I didn't think i had allergies, but my doctor was really big on the study of the sinuses and he thought that everyone atleast at one time in their life had allergies. He retired and I got a new doctor. He asked me if i ever got up in the morning and had a sore throat. I said yes he said i probably have allergies and he put my on Allegra D. It made all the pressure in my sinuses go away! It makes me feel more awake and less hungry. I love it. I never have side effects unless I forgot to take it, then I feel tired that day and theres more pressure on my face. But i take it everyday and it helps.

Related Reading: sore throat

Comment from: Green Eyes, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 12

I have indoor and outdoor allergies and Zytrec stopped working after many years of us. Dr. prescribed Allegra but I developed a cough, could not sleep, was nervous (hyper), made me thirsty and itchy. It did not stop my post nasal drip and runny nose. I stopped it after 10 days because of the problems.

Related Reading: cough | sleep

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: October 30

I suffered for years with upper respiratory infections due to my chronic nasal drip set off by my allergies. This lead to my developing Asthma. Allegra is the only drug that stopped my nasal drip, without side affects, and since using it, I don't get upper respiratory infections at all.

Related Reading: Asthma

Comment from: Kay, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: March 14

with Allegra 180mg I never was bothered with runnie eyes are nose but I have been without it since Dec. and my head is spinning and cant go.walk like a drunk person and cant look around fast almost fall down.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 17

I just started taking this a few days ago for an upper respitory infection/post nasal drip and havent slept since i started it. i am a total zombie hoping this will go away soon!

Comment from: szimmer9, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 18

I have post nasal drip and take it once daily, it seems I still have the drip. I also take Nexium for Acid Reflux and I noticed since I started taking Allegra 180mg tab, my acid reflux has gotten worse. I wonder why?

Related Reading: Nexium

Comment from: notdizzy, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 23

I have been having chronic dizzy spells along with bad sinus headeches. I am truck driver and can't afford to take off for a headache, this has been going on for 4 years, I askedmy wife did she have any sinus meds, she remembered her allegra. Long story short no more dizzyness or headache until to the late part of the the day. In short it worked!

Related Reading: headache

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 17

I have severe allergies and asthma. I took this med for about three years. It worked great on both problems and used it during half of my pregnancy. But after I went off for a while and then returned, I came to realize that my itchy skin, anxiety and severe constipation were caused by this medication. I've found Zyrtec since then, though it's not enough to control all my symptoms, it's better than the alternative.

Related Reading: pregnancy | anxiety | constipation