Allegra-D User Reviews

Allegra-D - User Reviews

Allegra-D User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Allegra-D sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: sally mae, 25-34 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: January 15

I have used Allegra-D for about 7 years and it is a lifesaver. This is the ONLY medicine that has stopped my sinuses from profuse congestion. My itchy, runny nose, scratchy throat, itchy eyes, are all gone. if i miss a day, believe me, i notice it. it does indeed give you dry mouth, like most decongestants, but drinking lots of water is good for you anyway. i've also learned to take it in the morning instead of at night as it would keep me awake.

Related Reading: Allegra-D | dry mouth

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 07

This is the only medication that helps my allergies without putting me to sleep. It does raise my heartbeat a bit, but when my doctor switched me to a generic of regular Allegra, it made me so sleepy that I couldn't work. It works very well and I've tried other medications such as Claritin, which gave me absolutely no relief.

Related Reading: sleep | Allegra | Claritin

Comment from: leslysan, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 15

Unable to take over the counter allergy meds, they cause very rapid heart rate and dizziness. Claritin also causes side effetcs. Allegra D is the best allergy medication around. No side effects thus far. If I miss a dose, I can definitely feel it.

Related Reading: allergy | dizziness

Comment from: "Becky", 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 22

Allegra is great. Leaves you a little dry nosed, and dehydrated. So drink a lot of water.

Comment from: 7times7is49, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 13

I suffered from unexplained vertigo for several years. My ears, nose, and throat specialist finally deduced after numerous tests that I suffered from negative pressure trapped within my inner ear when the barometric pressure changed and I became congested, albeit gradually. This is the best remedy I have discovered after using numerous decongestants and antivert meds.

Related Reading: vertigo | antivert

Comment from: congested, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 18

I had a sinus infection and upper respiratory infection with alot of phlem. Shortly after taking Allegra D I became very nausious and dizzy and soon after had vomiting. (alot of phlem) The experience was terrible but after vomiting all that phlem, I felt better and had my first night's sleep in 4.

Related Reading: sinus infection

Comment from: jan, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 30

I experienced dizziness for the first week or two. Every evening I experiences stomach distress until I took and over-the counter medicine to calm the effects. Not effective enough to put up with the side effects.

Comment from: Nick, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: August 18

I have been taking Allegra D for many years and it really helps me by keeping my nasal passages clear. I have many allergies and it controls all of them quite well.

Comment from: wenharcol, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: June 23

Don't take medicine close to bed time. It will keep you up all night.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: April 04

This medicine makes me groggy and if I take it every 12 hours dries my nose and throat out too much. On the other hand, if I try to go without, I am sneezing and blowing my nose all day. I only take one a day and seem to do OK with that dosage.