Allegra-D User Reviews

Allegra-D - User Reviews

Allegra-D User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Allegra-D sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Radar O'Reilly , 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 05

I was a 19 year old soldier in Vietnam. I grew up in the dry desert southwest, and when I was exposed to a humid jungle environment, and diesel fumes and road filth/dust (I was in convoys on an open air gun jeep) I developed allergies due to long-term exposure to some nasty stuff (Agent Orange included)... When I got back to the United States, I was diagnosed by the VA having "chronic allergic rhinitus". As a result, here I am 40 years later with constant post nasal drip which goes into my throat, causing me to constantly clear my throat. I get the worst tickling and gagging sensation in my throat unless I clear it. And when I do so, I get the rudest looks from people when I am out in public (as if I am trying to draw attention to myself...) At the DFW airport late last year while on a brief layover, a woman approached me and asked me if I had ever tried Allegra D. At first I was embarrassed (and a little put-off) but when I got home, I purchased Allegra D and I have found it helps a lot with my ailment (the V.A. has been worthless in helping me, but this over-the-counter drug has been great...) Where Ilive, we have a very nasty tree called the Texas Mountain Cedar, the pollen is nearly toxic! Allegra D helps with this problem, but it isn't perfect for this particular pollen.

Comment from: Barbara, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: June 13

without alegra d I have to get on inhalers ,and still cant breath normal.what gets me is it is a controled drug.Im on free care and low income meds.they the drug co.has no place to ship my meds.please help .BARBARA

Comment from: leelee1261, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 04

I started feeling relief from my sinus pressure within an hour of taking my first dose. It worked great for several days and then I had a sinus headache on the 7th day. On the 8th day my heart rate really started racing. On the 9th and last day, heart rate up again and extreme dry mouth and throat. I can deal with the dry mouth but the racing heart rate just disturbs me too much.

Related Reading: sinus headache