Alli User Reviews

Alli - User Reviews

Alli User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Alli sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: ChicagoBride, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: December 08

I used this pill before my wedding to lose weight. I lost about 10 pounds in six weeks using Alli in the following way: I didn't want to get the oily gross side effects, so I alternated meals. Day One: Take Alli with Breakfast and Dinner (not at lunch) Day Two: Take it with Lunch (not at breakfast or dinner) I didn't have any of the side effects at all, but I was VERY careful not to go above 15 grams of fat at any given meal, even those where I wasn't taking Alli. I did gain the weight back after I stopped taking it, but that was my own fault- I stopped watching my diet and stopped exercising frequently. All in all, I give it a good review- it was extremely effective then, and I've just started taking it again.

Comment from: cutiepie1, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 14

I've been taking Alli for almost a week. Its easy to use just take one at every meal. Now as for the side effects or wait, wait...."treatment effects", when they say DO NOT go over 15g of fat per meal they mean it. Don't go out and try to STILL eat that pound and a half of bacon and 5 dounuts. This is NOT a " I eat what I want and still lose weight thing." You have to work with this, you know eat right and work out. Also someone put a review on here saying DONT FART....this is so true! You may think that you just have a little gas.... GET TO A BATHROOM! Trust me on this one. As for the results..I just started, but I feel like my clothes are fitting a little loser! I hope someone finds this very helpfull.

Published: March 09

i have been taking it for 10 weeks, and have lost 20 lbs. i had a bmi of 47, now 43. i'm very happy with results so far, as on my own, i only lose 1.3 to 1.5 pounds a week. with alli, it's been an average of 2 lbs per week. i've definitely been on a lower-calorie diet and exercise 5 times a week, and alli is definitely helping my efforts.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: October 07

I have been taking alli for about a year now. I wrote my initial review back in November stating that, at that time i had lost approx. 5 pounds and had been taking alli for about a month. Alli has continued to help me lose weight. I take alli for about 2 months at a time, after that I notice I stop losing weight (but don't gain it either as long as I eat right). After a month of being off alli I take it again for 2 months, then off again, on for 2 mo's again and repeat... I have lost a total of 25 pounds to date, about 1/2 pound to a pound a week. (slow moving but hey at least its something) I feel better than I have felt in years. I haven't been at this weight since I was in my 20's. I still have a long way to go, about 45 pounds. If I put a little effort into some exersize i know i would lose faster. Good luck to ALL. Hope you all do well in your weight loss.

Comment from: festivelady826, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 29

I have cancer (leiomyosarcoma) and take OxyContin for pain. I don't exercise much anymore, and have gained approximately 30 lbs. in the last 3 years. I bought Alli because my pain meds make me very constipated, and I had read previous reviews about the laxative effects. I love it! I abhor taking laxatives because of the cramping, gas, etc. I take Alli as directed with my meals and I keep them under the recommended 15 grams of fat. I no longer have constipation at all, but I have not had the oily discharge and spotting that others experienced, probably due to the high amount of pain mediciation I take. I lost 8 pounds in one month and I now have regular, painless BM's every day. This drug has been a miracle cure for my constipation and my weight gain! I suffered no ill side effects at all. Note: It is very important to keep your fat grams at or under the recommended amounts. The gas and oily discharge is brought about when one EXCEEDS the fat grams, as the drug cannot process the excess fat. It is very easy for me to stick to this plan by eating Lean Cuisines, or other pre-packaged meals with the caloric/fat gram count on the package. It is truly a no-brainer.

Related Reading: cancer | OxyContin | constipation

Comment from: jwright, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: April 21

I took the brand before it became and OTC I took 2 pills and now that it is OTC I still take 2 pills. You only experience the side effects if you eat high fatty foods. The nice thing about this med is it reminds you of what we put our bodies through from eatting bad foods. I have lost weight on the drug. There is no magic bullet you have to eat right and work out. It takes energy to gain weight so it takes energy to lose weight. At least with alli a lot of fat is coming out your body making it eaiser to lose weight.

Comment from: slim13, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 01

I had to review because of all the negative talk about the drug. I have only been on it 2 weeks, the people complaining are obviously not reading the label. Dont eat fatty foods! There are 2 things going on here. Helps you, well almost forces you, to cut down on fat or risks side effects and helps absorb less fat when you do. I am on a strict diet in hopes of losing some weight. I am healthy but I have put on a few extra in the last few years. I exercise and I eat food with almost little to no fat. (Egg white, chicken breast, veggies, salad, and I read every label b4 I eat)Some of these people compalining are probably eating McDonalds and then taking a pill or think they are eating fat free food and not reading the labels. Educate yourself people. I have had no side effects except once when I ate out with the family gave in to a craving and had a burger. I felt some crapping, mild, but I deserved it. Other than that one time I have never felt a side effect. I eat well. If you eat poorly this drug or any other drug will not work, geez.

Related Reading: breast