Alli User Reviews

Alli - User Reviews

Alli User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Alli sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: karlygula, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 23

I was very over weight. I still ate like crap hoping it was a miracle pill. As soon as I started eating right it was great. I considered surgery and I'm glad I didnt. GO ALLI!

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: August 30

I have been taking Alli for two weeks and have had good results. After reading many replies to this drug one thing people forget is your body has to adjust to the medicine just like any other. The uses say Alli breaks down the fat in foods to smaller pieces and what is not absorbed into the body goes to the bowl. So if you are consuming more than the alotted amount of fat intake for the day, what do you think is going to happen? The extra fat has to go somewhere and would you rather it stay in your body or go out in poo? The first week I did have mild cramping just before a loose stool but as my body adjusted to the medicine, I no longer have the cramps or the diarrhea. Cut back on your fat intake people and the poo's will go away and read the directions thoroughly!

Related Reading: diarrhea

Comment from: AngelinaBabina, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 24

I am on a great many other medications that cause "dryness" and "weightgain" and after breaking my back 3 years ago and going into perimenopause needless to say I was at the END of my rope!!!!! I finally bit the bullet and grabbed both the started pack & the refill pack and jumped head first into it. I was amazed at how easy it was to follow and to maintain. I have been able to eat normal foods (not expensive yada yada packaged foods) but real store bought easy to prepare foods.! I've lost 42lbs in about 4 months and I've cried many tears of joy to know that I can to return to my ole self again after being inmobile in a brace for over a year and gaining well over 60lbs!. Even being almost 40yrs old and recovered from a broken back I am able to do a small routine on my ab lounger in the a.m. after my lil one goes to school and another just before going to bed which helps me burn calories while sleeping. I've also takin up a new hobby of boxing on a puchin bag in my basement :-) very great stress relief for those "type A" Personalities ;-) So far....I have recommended this to so many in my family and I will continue to do so to many more. I am excited as to the results and wish for many others to find the happiness that I am able to feel and achieve...EVERYONE deserves a lil Happyness!!!!!! Goodluck to you and God Bless , Angela :-) @-}----

Comment from: Tweety, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 20

I have been over weight my entire life. I was on the verge of committing suicide. But then I found god, and surrounded myself by those whom love me and have my best interest at heart. I then learn about this drug from my biology professor whom lost over sum 75lb from this drug. I have recently tried it and can see dramatic changes within my weight. I thrilled with the results. I have already lost 20 within 8 week along with diet and exercise. I filled with joy and wont to tell all I can about this drug. There is HOPE, there is HELP! its FDA approved. TRUST ME YOU WILL LOVE IT! I have changed my life and I'm sure it will change yours. JUST TRY IT. Like Obama said “ITS TIME FOR A CHANGE" welcome in the year 2009 as a dime piece.

Related Reading: suicide

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 15

This the only weight loss product that I have used and felt as though I was not putting my health in danger. Also, I understood how to use the product and how to take it. I am very pleased. Weight loss have been more than I expected with no side effects.

Published: November 22

I have just been taking Alli for a week, and already feel my clothes are not as tight. I have no bowel side effects at all. However, I do sometimes feel sleepy after taking the pill. Does anyone have a similar experience? Might be because I forget to take a multi vitamin each day. Just wondering if any similar experiences.

Comment from: Cpose, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 07

For those with IBS, beware of what normally sends you over the edge. I have it with constipation and this medication actually helps me eat better. I tried to cheat when I first started, but I had an explosive BM. After that, I learned to eat less fatty, sugar foods to include any form of red meat/beef. It's all a mimd thing, but I have been on it for about a week and a half and my clothes have already loosened and I lost about 2 lbs. I work out regaulary and eat right and drink tons of water. Enjoy!

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: May 26

I only had a few holiday pounds to get rid of and thought this would help speed up the process. I experienced severe sleepiness almost immediately after taking a pill that would last for hours. Not only was I extremely tired but I felt like I couldn't think straight. I stopped using it after a few days when I realized the symptoms were not a fluke. I regularly maintain a low fat diet but experienced the bowel side effects anyway. Those took days to subside even after stopping the pill. Just not worth it to lose a few pounds.