Alphagan-P User Reviews

Alphagan-P - User Reviews

Alphagan-P User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Alphagan-P sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 23

I have a combination of wide angle,narrow angle and high pressure Glaucoma.I use Alphagan P and Travatan. The combination of both drugs seem to help. I did have to have lazer surgery on both eyes about 6 mo. ago.

Related Reading: Glaucoma | Travatan

Comment from: nannygoat, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: September 15

I have been on this eye drop for over ten years and I haven't had any problems. I take this twice a day and in addition, I also take Xalatan at night. Together they manage my open angle glaucoma.

Related Reading: Xalatan

Comment from: robapacl, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 19

After 3-4 weeks of use, concentration, memory, prioritizing, and balance were adversely affected. After 6 weeks, everyday function was badly impaired. Memory lapses were bad. Trivial tasks were drawn out. Use of the drug was stopped. Azopt was substituted. An adverse reaction report was filed wwith the FDA. Similar impairment occurred with Timolol but not as severe. It took 4 weeks to restore semblance of normal function.

Related Reading: Azopt

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: March 15

My eye was red, the sclera was inflamed and ultimately had to stop the eyedrops because of the eye pain, dryness and overall monster eye look I had. It was a horrible experience!

Comment from: EndGreed, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 11

Started this when 1st diagnosed with open angle glaucoma. my eye pressure was 47. After using this it dropped to 30. BUT the loss of my vision was 75% (due to the drops!) I could no longer read- not even with a magnifying glass. I couldn't even watch tV because it looked like I was gazing through a smear of vaseline! I couldn't shop in any stores with bright lights because I could barely see to walk around due to the photophobia effect from this med. After 6 months of treatment vision worsened to where I couldn't make out faces of people standing 4 feet away, my eyes were bright solid red, itched like crazy and felt extremely dry. The prescribing Dr. said no prob- at least your pressure is down. My daughter hurt her eye & I went to her eye Dr with her- Her dr. thought I was the patient- he was so upset that my Dr would allow my eyes to be red like that- he saw me for free and performed laser surgey on me for FREE! 3 days after the laser surgery I could read again without even glasses! He took me off the Alphagan (which he said I was clearly allergic to, as many people are)My pressure dropped from 30 to 17 after laser surgery and being switched to dorzolomide drops. The benefits don't outweigh the negatives of this med for me.

Comment from: ladybug, 75 or over on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: May 13

Have been on Cosopt 3/day, Xalatan 1/day and Alphagan-P 3/day for at least ten years. have advanced glaucoma and it is holding it at bay fairly well. No problems with the Alphagan; makes me sleepy. Am supposed to use it three times a day, only use it two times because of the sleepiness.

Related Reading: Cosopt | Alphagan-P

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 21

Have been on Xalatan and Istalol and had to discontinue use of both due to severe headaches and pain behind the eyes. The Istalol also increased my blood sugar levels. Am supposed to start the Alphagan P but am concerned about the possible side effects due to my years of battling severe depression/anxiety and the meds I have to take. This is getting discouraging because I need to find a med that will bring my eye pressure down without all these side effects. This is the story of my life -- I metabolize meds differently and am very sensitive to them.

Related Reading: Istalol | depression | anxiety

Comment from: blueskies3753, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 23

went to eye dr 3 days ago for glass renewal He claims i have gluocoma in left eye. Put me on these drops. now my eye hurts where there was no pain before. fills like dirt in my eyes and makes be irratable from lack of sleep because of pain. not gone take this any more don't beleive I have this disease anyway. This medicine causes a lot of pain i will take my chances at going blind

WebMD Daily

Get breaking medical news.