Alphagan-P User Reviews

Alphagan-P - User Reviews

Alphagan-P User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Alphagan-P sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: nekia, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: August 20

After trying several treatment options, my glaucoma is now contolled with this drug. As a pharmacist I know that it is just trial and error to find an individual treatment that works.

Comment from: Jim, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 29

I am a post heart attack and triple bypass patient and post stroke patient with resulting Epilepsy, using Phenobarbital for seizures. I experienced rapid heart beat and skipping beats, with this medication just like Betoptic and four other eyedrops Glaucoma medications. I have spent thousands of dollars for repeated emergency room visits from these drops and other drops due to the cardiac side effects. Dr. prescribed 2 puffs of Marijuana 3 times a day and it works without dangerous or costly side effects. But I do experience one side effect, I get hungry. So I do the marijuana puffs before meals. Side effect controlled.

Related Reading: heart attack | stroke | Phenobarbital

Comment from: Ledgerman, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 21

Although this drug has worked fine for me, I am switching to Brimonidine (Tartrate) Opht solution .2% because it is less expensive. Ir is curious my doctor said this is ok, but my mail order Rx provider does not consider it a generic equivalent.Web MD also associates Alphagan P to Brimonidine Opht so this confirms what the doctor is saying. Yet the mail order pricing for Brimonidine is that of a generic. Have your doctor specifically change your Rx because your mail order provider will not automatically change your Alphagan P to what is effectively the generic equivalent.

Comment from: Sandy, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 30

Need to relieve redness..what is recommended

Comment from: redeye2, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 10

Just began rx a few days. Have to consider laser for rx. If it works no more drops. Anyone have laser rx? Thanx in advance for sharing.

Comment from: 75 or over Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 04

Too early to tell. Just started on it.

Comment from: Ming, 45-54 (Patient) Published: November 13

Vision has deteriorated. Unable to see words on TV at the usual distance. have to sit nearer to be able to read.

Comment from: Strumit, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 31

My Dr just started me on this drop to lower my pressure from 11 to a target of 7-9. Already on Cosopt & Zioptan (new), which is excellent, as it contains no preservatives that irritate my eye.

Related Reading: Zioptan

Comment from: 75 or over on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 22

I have had some issues like state dry mouth but also have some swelling of legs and wondered if this is indicated

Related Reading: dry mouth

Comment from: walkwithapurpoes@yahoo.com, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 11

i began to experience the worst side effects couldn't breathcan't urinate wake up with crust on my eyes loss of balance blurred vision

Comment from: on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 11

After my PARS PLANA VITRECTOMY WITH MEMBRANE PEEL AND FLUID AIR?GAS EXCHANGE surgery was performed, this drug was prescrbed. One application and my eye turned red and burned like fire. I called the doctor and was told to immediately stop this medication. Now I have what the doctor described as 'optic nerve damage'.

WebMD Daily

Get breaking medical news.