Altabax User Reviews

Altabax - User Reviews

Altabax User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Altabax sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 05

Actually had some serious burning while using this but tylenol was able to reduce the pain.

Related Reading: tylenol

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 15

i was dx'd with impetigo. i used this ointment, which was $50 with insurance, for 2 days before seeking help again. not only did it not help, it made me nearly insane with the itching and burning. i was eventually called out bactrim oral antibiotics which by one day showed improvement.

Related Reading: impetigo | itching | bactrim

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 06

I had impetigo and it cleared it up once diagnosed properly within five days. I could see results the first day I used it. No pain with use.

Published: November 25

I had to use this on my child who had a boil. While it is quite costly for an antibiotic ointment, it was quite effective, painless, and easily appliable.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 28

Used this medicine for a staph infection. My dermatologist told me to use in nose twice a day. This medication is the only thing that works for me!!

Related Reading: staph infection

Comment from: cmaria, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 26

dx with impetigo on my neck, stung a little but made it clear up with in 5 days.

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 17

Became effective within 24 hours.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 11

I had MRSA and was told to put this ointment on the new infections as they appeared (Diagnosed by one on the hip, then three appeared on my leg) Using the ointment Stopped the three staph infections from boring a hole into my skin like the first one had. I have three tiny scars on my leg instead of a quarter sized crater thanks to this medicine. No side effects whatsoever.

Related Reading: MRSA | scars

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 27

I was diagnosed with a staph infection on my scalp. I was prescribed Altabax to apply to the wound twice a day. It was a dredful experience! It caused the area to itch uncontrollably, and then it burned badly. It actually worsened the wound. I immediatetly stopped using this product and warn others to beware!

Related Reading: Altabax

Comment from: Mickeylover97, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 08

This medicine made my impetigo burn really bad and seemed to make my condition worse than it already was.

Comment from: herbgal, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 07

WARNING: if you have serious itching/burning--please call your physician or pharmacist instead of waiting to see if your reactions will subside. This can make the difference between earlier successful healing than the embarrassing and unsightly sores. This is the first time I have been given Altabax. At this time, I have sores on about 25% of my face and had such serious itching and burning I wanted to tear the skin off my face. Unlucky for me, it was a holiday weekend and could only contact my pharmacist. Lucky for me, however, was that I had some Bactroban cream and oral Bactrim on hand from another skin infection--also on my face--less than 3 months ago. It has been almost a week and very little healing has taken place. My results will not be typical for most people--I am immuno-suppressed and am a very slow healed. In doctor's offices so much I forgot to ask for an Rx..but had MRSA in sinuses within the last 6 months. Please wish me luck--my son's wedding is in less than 3 weeks and my face looks like it was shot by a machine gun.

Related Reading: Bactroban cream