Altabax User Reviews

Altabax - User Reviews

Altabax User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Altabax sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 07

Used as directed cleared up impetigo in 5 days.

Comment from: ncmom, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 08

My Dermatologist's PA applied Altabax to the 2nd degree burn on the top of my foot. At first, it burned but was told it would go away. Within 30 minutes, I experienced extreme pain, swelling, reddish, burning and piercing like a needle was going into the burn site along with nausea. I went back to my doctor's office, they wipe off the Altabax and applied hyro-perxoide to clean the burn site then ice for 1hr. I have been home now for 4 hrs and the piercing pain is still happening. My reason for going to the doctor was to make sure that I didn't get an infection. Now I am worst than I was before I went to the doctor!!!

Comment from: bethg, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 10

staph infection in nail

Comment from: ? , 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 25

Ihad no improvment at all.

Comment from: beebee06, 0-2 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 26

i should probably wait a few days before reviewing but i just wanted to say that my son was dx'd with folliculitis in his genitals and this stuff burned the crap out of him. he screamed for 10 minutes straight. im not sure if that was suppose to happen or what. but i was wondering if anyone else had that effect or know if it is suppose to do that....

Related Reading: folliculitis

Comment from: Altabax, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 08

This was for infection where the skin doctor scraped for a biopsy. It was horrible....was up most of the night with the ear hurting and pounding. I would like my $50 back....not a good ointment.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 26

I have an abscess in my ear, and I am 36 weeks pregnant. This medicine burned a little when I first used it, but it seems to be working fine the pain is definetely going awsay.

Comment from: 13-18 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 20

I have some kind of skin infection but my doctor hasn't determined what it is yet. She prescribed this to me and I used this for 4 days and on the fourth night, I felt a lot of burning and itching.

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 14

so far so good only been using it for 3 days

Comment from: ttt, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 26

I must have put too much on the first couple of times. I had blistering & ozzing. Now I'm treating a burn around my mouth.(day 8)

Comment from: jra girl, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 25

i had a bacterial skin infection all over my torso and this was the only thing that made it go away!! it's expensive and thick to apply but it works!!! i had no burning or stinging at all.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 01

i had an infection on my lips. my dr gave me samples to use, even tho directions say not to use on lips. i tried it and it caused my lips to feel like someone was poking pins in them--very uncomfortable and had to take ibuprofen to relieve pain.

Related Reading: ibuprofen

Comment from: dixievalkyrie, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 08

Had unsightly, extremely painful lesions surrounding my mouth and tried to treat myself with abreva thinking they were cold sores. Dr said was impetigo and prescribed this ointment. My sores were almost completely healed within 1.5 days of use and the pain went away quickly. Is expensive, but is worth every penny!

Published: December 24

very expensive and was no better than the less expensive bactraban. physicians must be getting kick backs