Altace Capsules User Reviews

Altace Capsules - User Reviews

Altace Capsules User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Altace Capsules sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Neo, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 08

Altace caused a terrible Eczema type rash which gradually worsened until it became unbearable...

Related Reading: Eczema | rash

Comment from: XTrust_No1X, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 04

This medication has been easy to use, and has done wonders for my high blood pressure. Although it does have a few minoor side effects, like coughing(dry) and my skin itches. Other than that, I am very pleased with the drug.

Related Reading: high blood pressure

Comment from: HJ, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 29

Been taking this for 2 weeks so its efficacy is still in question. I will know more in a month. The side effects have been miserable,,,extreme dizziness and some flashing pain in my right temple from time to time. Will give it another week and if the dizziness does not end it will be time to find a new drug for my hypertension.

Related Reading: dizziness

Comment from: sanpablokid, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: November 07

I often have dry, itchy skin and did not associate it with Altace until reading the attached reviews. I wil speak with my Doctor.

Comment from: uncle phil, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: December 29

i have been taking altace for nearly 20 yrs with no problems.had to switch to a geniric didn't work.went back to altace.

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 28

The Altace lowered my blood pressure substatially and had no obvious side effects except one. I suddenly had severe reactions to lobster. A well regarded allergist did testing on me and concluded that the Altace brought about a secondary allergy to that particular food. it has happened numerous times and only to lobster. I've decided to forego this favored treat

Related Reading: allergy

Comment from: altace, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: November 09

My doctor recently took me off Altace due to cough for 9 months. She acted a though this was a common complaint, Has anyone else had a similar experience? I have taken med for over 6 yr with no problem.

Comment from: Doug, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 16

I have been on altace, and Norvasc for over 1 year now and went from 200/140 to 120/80 this is good combo., I have had some side effects, mostly off and on Dry cough, can be stopped with use of Halls Centers cough drops, but must be patient when starting treatment it takes time, as My dr. said bp must be dropped steadly and slowly if dropped to fast that can be harmful, expecially to your kidneys, I went from on dr, who was not treating right and trying to lower my to fast to the dr, i am with now who used Norvasc and altace, I know what can happen when lower to fast, I suffered from Acute Kidney shutdown, when it was lower to fast, took 36 hrs to recover and now has 1 to 2 pecent kidney damage, but with the use of altace and norvasc, and a Doctor that now knows what he is doing, he has controled my bp and no further problems, but have to yearly for blood and urine tests, it works just takes time.

Related Reading: Norvasc

Comment from: MiMi, 65-74 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 10

I have been on this drug for 3 years for prevention of kidney disease from diabetes. I think it has helped, although my diabetes is basically under control. My blood pressure has always been low normal and remains so with the altace. I'm a happy camper right now.

Related Reading: prevention | diabetes