Altace Capsules User Reviews

Altace Capsules - User Reviews

Altace Capsules User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Altace Capsules sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: DIANE, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 22

I HAVE A TERRIBLE DRY COUGH THAT I CANT GET RID OF - ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS PROBLEM

Related Reading: COUGH

Comment from: cancer1943@netzero.net, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 22

Altace 2.5 About two hours after I take it,I have indigestion so bad that I have to take two or three Rolaids and an extra strentgh tylenol to get thru an 8 hour day at work. I have been on Cardizem 180 mg, Exforge,5/160mg,Altace 2.5, Enalapril Maleate 20mg, Fluoxetine HCL 20mg, Altace 5mg, back to Altace 2.5,and Clonazepam 0.5. I feel sick all the time. I have hot flashes and chills while I am on Altace. Is this normal side effects?

Related Reading: Altace | indigestion | tylenol

Comment from: Ziggy, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 19

It brought my blood pressure down to a normal level but the nagging dry cough irritated my throat and chest.

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 30

I have been using Altace for a few years. It worked on bringing my BP down to a safe level. I was at the low end of high. After reading the other reviews, I now believe that the itching I have on my lower legs may be a side effect. I take a Zyrtec once every 4-5 days and stops the itching. I also have the dry cough mostly at night. I also have decreased sexual desire(I'm 43) but I don't see this mentioned in any other reviews so I can't say gthat it has anything to do with Altace. I think I'm going to talk with my doctor and try something else to see if the side effects will go away.

Related Reading: itching | Zyrtec | sexual

Comment from: BERNTONE@aol.com, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 28

I have been on Altace for about two years. I started with 5 mg. and was increased to 10 mg. Overall, it has been very effective in lowering my blood pressure. However, I too have itchy skin which has not yet been attributed to Altace. However the treatment I receive for the itchiness has not eliminated this condition. I will ask my doctor if this is a side-effect of this drug. Thank You very much.

Comment from: cjmcp, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 02

Taking Altace for 2 weeks. Lowered my BP, along with Coreg, Calan and Diovan but I developed a constant dry cough and phlem, all day and all night. Annoying to my co-workers. Annoying to me.

Related Reading: Coreg | Calan | Diovan

Comment from: cag, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 02

This is wonderful! I was on another BP medication and I felt tired and gained weight. I switched to Altace in February and have lost the 14 pounds I gained, my energy is back and most important. My blood pressure is 120/80. I take 5 mg. once a day (before bed). I feel great!

Comment from: pricillawy, 75 or over on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: March 18

My insurance recently stopped paying part of my altace. I was given ramipril as a generic. swelling of tongue, very bad cough, became so hoarse that I could hardly talk, very dry mouth and throat, while with the altace I only had the occasional dry cough at night. So now I am back on altace with no side effects but occasional cough... /so now I spend my time figuring out how I can pay for the altace on social security.. My heart specialist wants me on altace but my question is "have the insurance companies become doctors"

Related Reading: dry mouth

Comment from: cae, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 09

I started with 5 mg taken daily for blood pressure in the 150/100 range. I was one of the 10% that developed a chronic cough and chest tightness from the coughing. As Altace was working on regulating my blood pressure, I tolerated the cough knowing I had a follow-up appointment with my doctor in about ten days. I then developed intense joint pain primarily in my ankles and wrists but not limited to these areas. I went to the doctor four days before my 3 week review after starting this medication. The doctor was unaware of joint pain as a symptom but changed my medication. After three days, my cough has lessened but my joint pain is still severe and is only made tolerable by frequent ibuprofen tablets. I highly recommend contacting your doctor immediately if you start to cough as the prolonged joint pain isn't worth taking a chance on!

Related Reading: ibuprofen