Alvesco User Reviews

Alvesco - User Reviews

Alvesco User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Alvesco sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 06

I switched from Advair to this medication because I was having horrible thrush issues from the Advair. Alvesco has so far been just as effective w/o the side effects of thrush.

Related Reading: thrush | Alvesco

Comment from: Gertie, 65-74 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: April 27

Unfortunately, despite being very thorough about rinsing after use, I developed Oral Thrush. Even after not using it for sometime and trying again. I have had the same problem with other inhalers. Perhaps after years of use I am intolerant. I am looking to my Respirologist shortly for an alternative treatment. When the asthma is seriously affecting me, such as recently, I am put on a high dose of Prednisone for a short period. I do not like this drug and do not want to have to keep taking it.

Related Reading: asthma

Comment from: janet, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 05

I had bone pain in my legs and hips starting about 3 months into treatment. I am not sure if it was caused by Alvesco, but was a possible side effect in the literature. Notified the manufacturer. They said it could cause extremity pain. I went back on Asmanex.

Related Reading: Asmanex

Comment from: Johnnybluehair, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 29

has really helped me breathe altho have back aches..not sure if it is from Alvesco altho pamplet said may cause back ache

Comment from: pudgy, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: July 10

i have experienced weight gain and fluid retention which my allergist swears this drug doesn't cause this. I have been on Alvesco for 1 year. Tried to go off and switch to Singulair, but didn't work out. However, I can't continue to gain weight and can't get my doctor to believe this is the cause. I am becoming very depressed b/c of weight gain. Has anyone else experienced this from taking Alvesco?

Related Reading: Singulair

Comment from: morris, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: April 06

I had a bad reaction to advair and other meds in that group. I have some relief with alveso and am very grateful for their program to pay my copay for the first 12 months. I have noticed a decrease in my pain from fibromialgia since taking this. I suspect it is related

Comment from: Bluefuzzmonkey, on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: August 12

My lung function was really bad. This medication helped me a lot!

Comment from: jerzygirrl, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year Published: March 09

My ten year old son has asthma. He was using Advair. He switched doctors and the new doctor put him on alvesco and xopenex. His lung function has improved dramatically since taking the Alvesco.

Related Reading: xopenex

Comment from: thinman, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 29

after a week I stopped wheezing, coughing and made breathing easier for me.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 13

I switched to Alvesco after being on Flovent for years. Alvesco works much better for me and way less side effects compared to the Flovent.

Related Reading: Flovent