Amaryl User Reviews

Amaryl - User Reviews

Amaryl User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Amaryl sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 21

Weight gain, hypocycemic problems, severe fatigue, rapid heart beat.

Related Reading: fatigue

Comment from: TforHog@aol.com, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 27

I like the ease of taking pill once a day. It works great following a good diet and it keeps my blood sugar in the good zone 95% of the time. I find that I am my worse enemy by not always eating right. I did not have any weight gain. I am 57 and have been using Amayrl for over 5 years, it has been a life saver for me.

Comment from: dpl49, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 28

Caused severe weight gain. MD did not even know that this was a side effect. We have to be our own advocate.

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 01

quickly got my blood sugar under control...a few issues with low blood sugar, but nothing that can not be controled

Comment from: Bebob, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: February 25

I have used this drug for 5 years, however, lately it is not as effective as usual after evening meals. Blood sugar has become 175 at bed time.

Comment from: Ken, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 31

Works great with Avandamet! Quickly brought my blood sugar under control. Some hypoglycemic reactions however. It's awesome!

Related Reading: Avandamet

Comment from: Tee, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 09

Weight gain, experienced some hair loss. Doctor claimed it wasn't from Amaryl, I know it was the only new drug I was on at the time my hair became thinner.

Related Reading: hair loss | Amaryl

Comment from: Rebecca, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: February 07

Severe weight gain.. was taken Actos also and it didnt help with my weight either..so far all the medications given to me the glimepiride has help somewhat but it does help to retain fluid weight severely..now they are talking about putting back on the Lantus along with Glimepiride daily...

Related Reading: Actos | Lantus

Comment from: holly, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 11

Started taking 1 mg each morning, blood sugar dropped too low in afternoon, advised by Dr to take 1/2mg in morning and 1/2mg evening still not working as well. Blood sugar is high before breakfast even taking medication. Did not know about weight gain. Will have to address this issue. Still not sure what to do about this medication!!!

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: May 01

When I first began this medication, I found quite effective, but if I took in the morning, I had problems with my blood sugar dropping very low. That has seemed to gotten better over the last few months. Very recently, I am now having moderate to bad stomachaches every day that I take it. The effectiveness is also not as good as it was in the beginning.

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 10

Lost 15 pounds since starting drug (combined with diet and exercise), droped suger 25 plus points, itch only after using tanning booth. 1 mg dose rate.

From WebMD