Amaryl User Reviews

Amaryl - User Reviews

Amaryl User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Amaryl sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Bernie, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 30

I took on 4mg pill and the nexted morning my blood sugar was down to 29 I almost didn't make. After a day and half in the hospital still could not control by low blood sugar had to give me prednisone to get my pancreas working again. I spent a total of 41/2 days in the hospital and now have to take insulin.

Comment from: butlersbaby, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 13

This drug has done wonders for me. I have not felt well for four months now but this med seems to make me feel better than I have in a long time. My count has went from 225 to 120 since on this pill. Yeah!

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 05

Have tried Metformin, Metformin with delayed release, and Januvia. Had awful diarehha with Metformin, and Januvia had no effect at all. The has worked great so far. Keeping fingers crossed. :)

Related Reading: Januvia

Comment from: thomasrpriceofky, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 16

the greatest pill ever made

Comment from: tea53134, 65-74 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: April 27

it was all the med i needed when i 1st became diabetic, i used it for years before insulin

Comment from: Alleen35, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: April 18

My numbers were lower, but after two weeks I developed a rash and a severe itch.

Related Reading: rash

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 24

weight gain sugar drops fast

Comment from: Rowdy Rod, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: April 22

Amaryl works for me..(Along with 1000 milograms of glucophage...) My numbers are usually 110 to 120 in the a.m. 100 in the p.m.. My main gripe is I've gained 10 pounds!!! (I'm 240 pounds right now!) If anyone could recommend another medication (help!!) Rod

Related Reading: glucophage

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 23

extreme weight gain 12 pounds in one week.

Comment from: dogsitter, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 09

I have a heart condition and was not made aware of the wieght gain side effect. The prescribing DR. was aware of this now I have to change meds again.

Comment from: iowamike, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 30

It took about 1-1/2 weeks to shows signs of improvement but has been very effective since. I take 2mg a day and I also take 1000mg metformin.

Comment from: mikael_56@hotmail.com, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 23

Has worked for me,better than Actos

Comment from: BABALOUR@MSN.COM, 75 or over on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 09

very easy to take , find it seems to do well in controlling sugars,do not seem to have any problems with side effects at all,had a A1C after 14 months and the results were 6.3 so seems to work for me,this is the only med I take --1 time a day with largest meal of the day

Published: January 07

Worked very fast when I was first diagnosed. I'm now down to 2 mg per day.

From WebMD