Ambien CR User Reviews

Ambien CR - User Reviews

Ambien CR User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Ambien CR sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: girlinterrupted, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 01

In the past I have used Ambien 5mg and when my tolerance went up, 10mg. I used the 10mg dose for several years in college and afterward with great success. After a brief period with no sleep medications I was prescribed Ambien CR 12.5mg. This medicine works great, IF you follow your doctors instructions. Takind it on an empty stomach works best, and you must take it literally right before bed. The initial dose released peaks at 15 minutes. Then the delayed release slowly absorbs into your bloodstream over the next 4-6 hours. You should NEVER talk on the phone, be on the computer, watch television, or be in the kitchen eating after taking this med. For it to work properly, you need to take it, hop in the bed, and turn the lights off immedately. This drug gets a bad name for "sleep-driving", binge-eating, and memory loss because people take it improperly. If you take it every night, one or two out of seven nights it may be less effective. No drug is fool-proof. Especially for those who suffer from anxiety and racing thoughts. I apologize for the length of my comment, but I feel it is important to get the proper info. out there. I know how hard it can be to function after multiple sleepless nights. (Tonight is one) I hope this helps some of you out there. GOODNIGHT!

Related Reading: Ambien | sleep | Ambien CR

Comment from: SHer, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 29

I've taken Ambien Cr for 4 months. It worked well in the beginning. Now its awful. I have memory loss, which is affecting my work, It takes forever to fall asleep, I wake up a few times during the night and I'm always up very early in the morning...still feeling tired. Mood swings. I freak out if my prescription starts to get low and I'm afraid I can't get to the pharmacy to get it refilled. I hate this stuff. DON'T TAKE IT ! Now I just want to get off of it and you can't stop cold or the symptoms or worse than staying on it.

Published: September 09

Have someone tie you to the bed. This med puts you out. However, I did drive, go to the doctor and then woke up at noon at my desk at work. This was even after I had taken it for a while. While I appeared alert and communicated, I have no memory of any interactions. (this was the next day) At night if you do not go straight to bed, you will stay up chatting and acting drunk. Do NOT take this med alone. Make sure you have someone else has your keys and can make sure you are capable of driving. (Although everyone thought I was okay, and I still drove with no memory) Just be careful and take extra precautions

Comment from: bjlytle, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 23

I have been taking Ambien CR 12.5 mg for almost two years. It works in 15 to 30 minutes and I get about seven hours sleep. I don't dream and when I wake up in the morning its as if someone snapped their fingers and I'm awake. Very unnatural feeling.

Comment from: sleepless, 65-74 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 01

I originally took this medication because of trouble sleeping when away from home. Then next thing I know I am taking it every night. At first it works, and now I only get 5 hours of sleep. If I don't take it I can't sleep. I am going to get off this crap and exercise. Sometimes it makes me feel out of control. I am having trouble remembering things and being very forgetful.

Comment from: wwjd67846, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 19

I have been on AmbienCR 12.5 mg for over a month.Love it.Can go to sleep fast and stay asleep. No problem getting up in am.

Comment from: MMurray, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 02

I was put on the generic form of Ambien CR and it works well, BUT I've become angry, sad,depressed, lazy, lethargic, moody, and sometimes down right mean on this during the day after! I have to stop taking this and suffer through a few nights of not sleeping in order to find something else. I cannot carry on this way. My husband says I'm a completely different person since starting this 3 weeks ago. It works great in putting me asleep and allowing me to sleep all night, but be VERY CAREFUL this stuff is habit forming AND changes who you are as a person!

Comment from: want 2livevegas, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 15

been on it for 2yrs every night, complete memory loss, in the last 2 ys=rs cought sleepwalking, cooking, online and have evn woken up right in the middle of an activivty I had started. so I go right to bed after taking it. This medication is POWERFUL and EFFECTIVE, and i think some of the longer effects are aggressive behavior and forgetfullnes of minor things, take at own risk.

Related Reading: sleepwalking