Ambien CR User Reviews

Ambien CR - User Reviews

Ambien CR User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Ambien CR sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: heyyou, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 29

I certainly sleep well with this medication but the side effects are CRAZY!!!!! Hallucinations, memory loss, dry mouth, sleep walking. Especially aggression. Sometimes I get so angry I'm afraid of what I might do, and then not remember. Anyone else relate????

Related Reading: dry mouth

Comment from: Cangel, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 09

when I was in my early teens to early adult age 23 I had problems with sleeping. It went away okay for the past couple months I have tried tylenol PM, advil PM, benedryl, until I talked to my doctor. She put me on Ristoril 50 mg still did not work, then another doctor in the office put me on trazodone 50 mg, still nothing would help me go to sleep and stay asleep. Last Monday my doctor put me on Ambien an that did nothing. So Yesterday my doctor gave me Ambien CR, I took it at 9:45 and by 10pm I was asleep and only woke up once during the night and I went right back to sleep. I have not had no side affects like others have and I would recommend this to anyone having trouble sleeping.

Related Reading: teens | tylenol

Comment from: jellybean, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 23

I have been using this drug for two months now. Originally it worked great, but recently I have trouble falling asleep. I have also become quite groggy and sleepy during the day. I can't seem to stay awake the next day which results in my not being able to go to bed until quite late. One vicious cycle. Side effect?

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 08

When stopping this drug, .625mg, I had lots of horrible side effects, hallucinations, nightmares that did not end after awakening. I will never take it again. I have tried this drug on 3 seperate occsions and the results are the same. I think this is a very bad risky drug.

Related Reading: nightmares

Comment from: bpy381@aol.com, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 20

My 15 year old daughter was given ambien to help her get sleep as she has an anxiety disorder. She started with the lowest dose. She ended up in the hospital er due to bad reaction to drug such as chest pains, hypervenilation and hallucinations. I would never recommend this product.

Related Reading: anxiety

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year Published: February 14

Ambien CR 12.5 - When I first took this I hated it because I was sleeping for 10 hours and waking extremely hungover - groggy, loss of memory, telephone converstions that I didn't remember. I stopped taking it after about a week. After stopping I did not sleep for two nights but then returned to my "normal sleep" pattern which was very light sleep and not feeling rested in the morning. After about 10 months I decided to try the medication again. To my surprise I slept well and the side effects were much less. I have found that as I continue to take the medication its effectiveness has lessened, but I still get a solid 6 hours of sleep. To a much lesser degree, I have still had some memory problems with this drug but overall it has helped me get a restful nights sleep.

Comment from: no sleepless in Calif., 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 08

Was told by my PCP to take 12.5 mg's it worked so well I cut it down to 6.25 mg's and still have no problems sleeping and feel great in the a.m. And yes it works very quickly. Normal ambian wasn't working as well and like others I found myself awake after about 2-3 hrs. Sweet dreams all

Comment from: Britches, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 24

I had never taken a sleeping pill before so I was a little nervous. I took it as directed and it was as if I had not been "drugged". It was perfect. I dozed off to sleep within a helf hour after taking it at about 11 and woke up at 6 the next morning. Never felt anything weird. If it's possible, I actually felt refreshed (unlike benadryl and other PM stuff I have tried)

Related Reading: benadryl