Ambien CR User Reviews

Ambien CR - User Reviews

Ambien CR User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Ambien CR sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: jrb1950, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: June 22

I have had chronic sleep issues for years and was put on Ambien way back; didn't stay asleep. Then was give 12.5 mg Ambien CR; most people say to take it right before going to sleep and not to read, watch TV, etc. I have been on it so long that I now have to take it 1 hour before I go to bed before I even feel sleepy. Then because I go to bed early, 9 p.m., I am awake anywhere between 2:30 and 4:30 a.m. and usually can't get back to sleep. Sometimes I will be able to go back into a light sleep, like catnaps, and I finally give up and get out of bed at 6:30 because I hurt too much to stay in bed. I have next day drowsiness, headache, joint pain and muscle pain; but suppose it could be related to other issues besides the Ambien CR. I am now thinking of asking my doctor if she thinks Lunesta would be better as I have read it's supposed to be better for long term use over Ambien CR. I just know I'm afraid to stop taking anything as I will go back to insomnia and that's not good for your mental or physical health. Sorry this is so long, but just wanted to talk and let everyone know what I've been going through in case anyone else has had the same issues.

Related Reading: headache | muscle pain | Lunesta

Comment from: Sleep tight, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 15

Last night was the 2nd night I took this Ambien CR 12.5 mg for sleep. This is the secong day I woke up with a mild headache and stuffy nose. I'm not sure the stuffy nose is from this but feel it could be. It kept me asleep all night, which was from 10pm until 6:30am. I feel very well rested. If it wasn't for the headaches I'd say this medication is a God send. I take some Advil and the headache goes away. Anyone else having headache and or stuffy nose with this medication? I have no insurance and paid $175.00 of this medication at Sam's Club Pharmacy, which is cheaper on their meds. than Walgreens, CVS even Walmart who they are affiliated with. The maker needs to make the 12.5 mg Ambien CR in a generic form. I hope this review helps anyone who takes time to read it. MM

Comment from: ladyw, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 11

Ambien CR (12.5mg) is the only med that makes me get a full night of restful sleep. My fibromyalgia pain and arthritis in my knees kept me awake, and in the morning I felt absolutely horrible..! Since I have been taking Ambien I feel like a normal person again. No side effects whatsoever...simply deep, wonderful sleep. Make sure to take it on a somewhat empty stomach at night otherwise it takes longer to kick in. Once it kicks in - you are out dead... :)

Related Reading: fibromyalgia | arthritis

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: July 08

I have taken ambien CR 12.5 mg on and off for about a year and a half. It does help me fall asleep for the most part, but I have built up a tolerance for it over time. I have also experienced memory loss, such as having conversations with my roommmates and not remembering them. DO NOT take more than one of these at a time. I recently took 2 12.5 mg pills to fall asleep after building up a tolerance and had severe hallucinations, thinking there were people and dogs everywhere. Bottom line: this drug does work well for short-term insomnia, but it's easy to build up a tolerance and the reports about memory loss and hallucinations are true.

Related Reading: insomnia

Comment from: milliebee, 75 or over on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 27

i took ambienmd for two nites. by the second morning i couldnt wake up so faint and dizzy could hardly walk and was VERY depressed. very very bad for me no stars

Comment from: maria , 55-64 Published: June 17

ambien cr works for me most of the time. my family does not like it, because it puts me in a hipnotic state, I eat specially sweets, without remembering the next day. I have tried other medications, and so far this is the one that has helped me the most.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 18

I took Ambien CR for less than a month. After only a couple of weeks, this medication quit working as it was supposed to. I started having difficulty falling asleep, it took longer and longer to fall asleep and I could not stay asleep for the whole night (7 or 8 hours). When I first fell asleep, I did not have any dream sleep. As the medication quit working and I was waking up in the middle of the night, I would eventually go back to sleep and have dreams. But, the dreams started out as very vivid and disturbing, then over several nights progressed to nightmares. I quit taking the Ambien CR at that point. I was afraid the nightmares would progress into night terrors and I would (or could) have sleepwalking episodes. I never had a sleep medication produce (or cause) nightmares or night terrors. I also had no success with Ambien, Sonata or Lunesta. My insomnia does not respond to well to medications, I have great difficulty finding something that works for me.

Related Reading: Sonata