Ambien User Reviews

Ambien - User Reviews

Ambien User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Ambien sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: sleeplessness in Michigan, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 23

ambien has been a nightmare for me when I take it I only sleep for four hours if I don't take it I can't sleep at all, and when I do take even a small dosage of 5mg 1/2 of the 10 mg I was told to take I sleep eat, walk, fall down and hit my head, fell off the toliet, call people in the middle of the night long distance and close to homeget on the computer order items, and don't remember anything at all not even the fact that I hit my head so hard that my daughter wanted me to go to ER and then the next day was asked how my head was and did not even know what she was talking about even though I had a very bad headache, my husband woke me because I had fallen asleep with food in my mouth and in the bed, I have called people to have them call me the next day and I didn't know what they were talking about. I have taken two pills not remembering that I had taken medication already. This is really bad I am unable to stop taking it I have tried and was woke for two nights before I gave in. I don't know what to do at this point it is night time and time to sleep so it is pill time, I have put on 20 lbs from the night eating...helpless and wanting a good night normal sleepI am afarid to tell my doctor because she will stop giving the medication to me cold turkey (thats the kind of doctor she is) and then I will be in trouble due to the fact I will not be able to sleep though about going into rehab for help to release myself from this drug, memory loss is very severe worried about my job not functioning as well as I used to my life is going downhill fast and all I wanted was a good night sleep because I suffer from insomina, anxiety, please read and run if you are thinking about using this drug for sleep, try warm milk anything before using this medication for sleeping

Comment from: BADSDEFFEX, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 02

PLEASE, PLEASE READ: AMBIEN FOR ME CAUSED EXACTLY WHAT THEY WARN, SLEEP DRIVING, MAKING AND EATING FOOD, TAKING MORE PILLS AND NOT REALIZING IT. I TOOK 15 PILLS AND REMEMBER ONLY TAKING 2 PILLS. I CHANGED CLOTHES, WENT GROCERY SHOPPING, MADE DINNER, ATE, DRANK ALCOHOL, AND DID THIS ALL IN FRONT OF MY KIDS BECAUSE I AM A SINGLE MOM AND TOOK AMBIEN AND PLANNED ON GOING TO SLEEP, HOWEVER DID NOT. I BEG EVERYONE THAT MAY READ THIS, I AM SO THANKFUL I DID NOT KILL SOMEONE WHILE DRIVING I HAVE NO IDEA HOW I DROVE. THIS DRUG HAS NO BUSINESS BEING ON THE MARKET. PLEASE USE DISCRETION, EVEN IF YOU PLAN ON GOING TO SLEEP LIKE I DID.....I DID NOT. TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE, DRUG...NOT WORTH IT SERIOUSLY!!!!

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: April 13

Eating during PM and not remembering. My husband found me sleeping in my car in the garage, thankful I didn't turn it on! Aggressive sexually with no memory, this was very troublesome because I only remembered very little. I stopped the medication when I finally realized there was a problem. Not a good medication for me.

Comment from: Jacklynn, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 31

After many years of waking up 4-5 times a nightI was prescribed Ambien,the generic.I have used it for about 10 months.For me it was a god sent.I started taking it a few times a week,now i take it every night.I've had no bad side effects,just I can't sleep without it now.I feel so much better during the day,which gives me the ability to handle stress better.

Comment from: sammy, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 17

This medication is a lifesaver for us chronic insomnia folks. As long as it is taken in the correct dose right before bed, it works wonders. Keep it somewhere locked up tight so kids don't get it and have a nice bedtime ritual like reading or tv and all is good!

From WebMD