Amerge User Reviews

Amerge - User Reviews

Amerge User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Amerge sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Blessed, 45-54 (Patient) Published: January 05

I have had migraines for years. I have tried serveral migraine medicines and they have not worked as well as Amerge. I take it when I FIRST notice one coming on. If I wait to late then it takes longer to take it away. It does make me VERY tired and I have to lay down when taking it, it helps to lay down anyhow. Chocolate, vinegar (pickles etc.), sourcream, cinnamon(the spice)and some nuts are a few of my triggers of a migraine. I have fibromyalgia and Cinnamon (the spice)causes my muscles to hurt and contract.

Related Reading: migraine | Amerge | fibromyalgia

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 19

I have been suffering migraines for a few years now and Amerge is the only thing that has worked for me. I can actually function on days when I would have normally been stuck in bed all day. One time I did have the side effects of being hot and having my heart race, but overall it is a wonderful drug. Maxalt and some others did nothing for me.

Related Reading: Maxalt

Comment from: cswms, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: November 02

This usually works for me the first time. Very rarely do I take a second one. It takes two hours to begin easing my headaches though. If I catch it early enough, it is great.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 02

This drug has been like a miracle for me. Headaches used to last three days, now headache usually almost always gone within two hours! Very easy to take, have had absolutely NO adverse side effects on it.

Related Reading: headache

Comment from: Jeast37097@aol.com, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 13

I have been taking Amerge for three years to prevent migraine headaches. Recently BS/BC has rejected my use of this drug. I am at a loss as what to take now. I have taken all of the other drugs and none of them work in preventing the headaches, just work when I get a headache. I need help on this.

Comment from: pruett365, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 13

I have suffered from migraines most of my life and nothing has ever worked until I tried Amerge; 30 minutes after taking it I have no more migraine.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: October 16

I have been on Amerge for about 5 years. It generally works within 2 hours. I do feel lethargic sometimes but it is worth the relief I get from Amerge. It is expensive but I have insurance. In the beginning I was filling my prescription every 30 days (6 pills)- now it more like every 90+ days. It pays to know your triggers.

Comment from: Rod, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: August 18

If my migraine is caught in the early stage, taking one Amerge(2.5mg.)will take care of it with little or no side effects.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: August 12

I have tried a few other medicines for migraines and Amerge is the only one that really works for me. Sometimes, I have to take more than another and take motrin with it if my headache is really intense but it will go away.

Comment from: on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 07

in 4 years I have not had to go to the ER for a "hypo" for a migraine headache, Amerge always works and only one or maybe two times I had to use the second pill in 4 hours. Very happy with this medication, doesn't make me feel tired or fussy, and I can go on with my day.

Comment from: jackigrace, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 19

I have been suffering migraines for over 25 years - 5 years ago amerege was prescribed. I have since learned to manage my triggers but when I do get a migraine one low dose amerge works within 2 hours. I have gone from 9 pills a month to only 3 to 4. This pill has been my savior.

Living Better

Find the secrets to longer life.