Amerge User Reviews

Amerge - User Reviews

Amerge User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Amerge sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: chatmaker, 35-44 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: October 27

I can't remember now many mg I take but I have to cut pill in 1/2 and take them 30 mins apart.

Comment from: katyjane, 35-44 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: September 27

Amerge is my golden pill. In the 7 yrs I've been on the medication I've only needed to take 5 mgs within 24 hours twice. One dose normally takes care of my most severe headache.

Comment from: janem, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: October 15

this is the longest lasting tryptan available and the only one that has worked for me. I take with 3 advil, otherwise it does not work.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 12

Works very well if I take it at the onset of the migraine and not wait.

Comment from: laurainmccall, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: June 17

Just wish it didn't take so long to get over the side effects of the Amerge. Much easier on my stomache than Imitrex.

Related Reading: Imitrex

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: April 24

This works on even my most severe migraine headaches. My only complaint is that it takes at least 1 hour before I feel any relief, but it's comforting to have such a reliable treatment available.

Comment from: Ellen, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 11

No effect on pain. Had another aura a few hours after taking the medication

Comment from: Feelin better in canada, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 26

The only problem, other than cost, is that it takes a while to work. I take Advil and gravol (one of each) to help out until it takes effect.

Comment from: J. Jacobsen, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: August 23

I have suffered from migraines for over 30 years. I have hormonal changes (menstrual + ovulation)triggers plus others such as foods. Amerge is the only triptan that has worked for me. Mostly because it takes 2+ hrs to work. Inmitrex gives me inmidiate chest pains. I take Amerge at the onset of an attack, which is sometimes during the night when I wake up with "the feeling". If I don't take it within 15-20 minutes of the onset, the migraine develops, although mush controlled, and I usually require a second dose. Because of the many triggers, I have months when I can live with as little as 1 Amerge and others when I require as many a 8-9 2.5 Mg pills. Until last week, my insurance only paid for 3 pills and now they approved 8 a month. If I loose my insurace I would have to cut in family expenses to cover for this medicine, otherwise I am literally disabled.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 29

My doctor told me that this would take a while to start working, and to begin taking it the week of my period when I know that I will have a migraine for 3-5 days. It seems to have blocked the migraine. I can't believe there is something that is actually working, as I've tried almost all triptans out there. This one doesn't make me sick like Imitrex & Maxalt either.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: March 26

I get a migraine monthly and within 45 minute of taking this medication, I am pain free and able to continue on with my day. It is expensive but well worth it to have no pain

Comment from: marcie, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: February 26

It takes 3 hrs to work, but takes migraine away 99% of time.My problem--no insurance other than medicare. It's way too expensive. I'm even on disability because migraines are so severe.

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 11

New to this medication. Had to take 3 doses and use alot of ice but finally eased the pain.

Living Better

Find the secrets to longer life.